• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows system restore.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feydd

I was just wondering how often has any one actually had to use this? I just turned it off because I noticed it kept making 30-100MB files each day and that was adding up to alot of lost HD space over time. I've never used it before but would like some feedback as to whether or not it's vital to leave it on.

I know for a fact it's not vital... I disable it after every format. It's good to use if you have a lot of noobs who use your pc and gum it up really fast. I'm obsessive compulsive, and just 'resetting' to a certain date doesn't do it for me... i have to completely wipe it.

I use it on my Main Internet PC Install, and I leave it on for the PC I built my parents. It does work to an extent, and is really good for "Parent's PC's" that you might maintain ;) .

If you want to reduce the amount of HD space it uses, you can right-click on "My Computer", and goto "System Restore", and select the % of disk space you wish to allocate to it (default is 13%)... I also only enable it for the OS (C: ) drive.

I leave System Restore off on my other PC's, as it slows boot times, and I just don't need it.

:cool:

Back