• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

50 BILLION!!!! & Post race weekly update.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
We have out FIRST EVER 50 billionaire so look for it below. 50 billion. Man. If I had a dollar for every point..... Of course I'd think of you guys when I got that payment. I mean, I probably wouldn't give you any money but I'd think about you.

Okay. So we completed our first race in many many years and we did good. Second place on our first showing. (Out of five if you were wondering.) Keeping with the slight joke of 2nd is the first loser but not so harsh, I picked out the following award for the team.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

As good as the above award is, I feel more like the image below.

second_place_is_for_winners.jpg

I mean, not "last place" but I feel we acomplished more as the little team who could than the awesome might of a team with much more reasources. Did we get 1st place? No. Did we smash the other compitition? Yes. Yes we did. Kudos to T32 and thank you for all who helped. Every point was a good point.

Looking at the world stats, I suspect that "Threats" and "Conquests" are still a little out of whack from the race but it is what it is and here it is. We are still gaining ground on Hardware.no (1.1 week), NVIDIA (4.2 months), and EVGA (6.5 years). We are being chased by a new crypto team called Solinscription_CAREs (1 month) and AnandTech (6.8 years).

Solinscription_CAREs is a brand new team and holy cow are they doing a lot of work. Passing us in less than two months time it truly a feat. They are earning more than 13 billion a day! A day! What the what?! However, looking at their graph, they seem to have quickly spiked and are experiencing a sharp decline. Their daily low (This is how new they are. Everything about them can be seen within the "Daily" production.) Their daily low is 1.4 billion and their high is 20.3 billion. They've had a steady decline and earned 11.4 billion yesterday. We'll see how it goes. Do they keep producing or are they a very hot flash in the pan? Looking at membership, they've lost 346 members in the one week that they have been a team. Not encouraging if you are them.

Team stats for us are good. We had a number of people join in for the week to help us out and they mostly have gone back to their own projects. We appreciate that you jumped in and gave what you had. We lost 4 active folders but are still at a high number of 54 active folders. This is still more than usual so thank you to those who joined and stayed. The average PPD is a very high 16.6 million for all active team members.

Top 33 earned 1 million ppd or more.
Top 15 earned 10 million ppd or more.
Top 9 earned 20 million ppd or more.
Top 5 earned 40 million or more.
Top 4 earned 70 million or more.
Top 2 earned well above 200 million ppd. (Point Per Day) !!!!!! !!!!! WOOT!!! WOOT!!!!

Individual numbers are looking very good too.
@HayesK has earned 50 BILLION!!! WOOT WOOT! Lets let him know how awesome that is. 50 Billion! If that were potatoes, it would be no small potato.

@EarthDog has earned 600 million. Thank you for all of your support to the team. You've been very up front with your support and we appreciate it.
@DeputyKovacs has also earned 600 million. Been with us for less than two months and already chasing a billion. Very well done sir.

@Woomack has earned 300 million. Thank you for jumping in and helping out for the race.

@Railgun has earned his FIRST 100 million! WOOT! Thank you to you for jumping in and helping out for the race.

robert_scheel is just one WU away from 70 million but earned himself 60 million. @WhitehawkEQ please thank him for helping us out. He did a lot of work for us.

@Mario1 has earned 30 million. Thank you for helping out with the race.
langer1972 has also earned 30 million. Much appreciated.

Cecil just earned 20 million during the race. Thank you.

Phew! That's a lot more milestones and bigger milestones than normal. The race did us all good.

With that, I'm going to sign-off for this week. I had a blast with the race and hopefully you did too. Until next week:
Build, Borg, Recruit.

Last edited:
Wow, amaze work on the 'stones all :cheers:

And Hayesk, you just a BEAST. 50 Mil under this username and as don pointed out you have others, all with impressive numbers themselves. As somebody who manages a big operation I can appreciate not just the numbers themselves, but the work that goes into maintaining such an operation. Kudos ma friend (y)

Personally, i'm sure those watching noticed the dip in my PPD. I deployed my 4090-based ships to Prime Grid for Tour de Prime. Cheers!

I just took a look at our new competitor. They are down over 1,200 active folders. They seem to be tanking nearly as fast as they started. Not sure what that's all about. We will get and keep the #7 spot for a while.

I just took a look at our new competitor. They are down over 1,200 active folders. They seem to be tanking nearly as fast as they started. Not sure what that's all about. We will get and keep the #7 spot for a while.
Doin a bit of closer looking, it seems most of their top 20 have stopped folding altogether. Perhaps they realized that while they may be getting the cost of operation subsidized by whatever crypto they're getting it likely don't come close to full offset. Who knows, but aint speculating fun? hehe

Ok now I understand.:unsure:
I suspect that they are generally leveled out. Meaning that based on a baseline spec of hardware, one WU takes a long time and gets a lot of points. Other WU's on the same baseline hardware takes less time and get less points.

I don't know what the baseline hardware is anymore but this used to be the metric for calculating points. More informed members will correct me as needed.

Back