• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what's some REALLY good data recovery software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kelly Keyboard

Registered
i accidentally deleted a mislabelled folder which ended up having all old high school work in it

i deleted it by doing shift + delete in windows explorer

whats some good software that can recover this? (doesn't necessarily have to be free - i'd be willing to pay if there is a really good one)

thankls in advance

BTW what are the chances of getting it back (i deleted it only 5 mins ago and i havent defragged since i deleted it??)

BTW this is on a 50Gb NTFS partition in win xp sp2 on a single wd 250gb sata hdd - no raid

thank you :)

Did you check your Recycle Bin yet? If you just deleted it, and you haven't emptied the Recycle Bin it should still be restorable.

I use EasyRecovery Pro at work. No idea how much it is, but it works wonders. I had my IDE cable die on me (don't ask) and my c: drive was reported as being "unallocated" when I put it into another machine. I managed to get everything back quite easily.

stool said:
Did you check your Recycle Bin yet? If you just deleted it, and you haven't emptied the Recycle Bin it should still be restorable.

when you delete with shift key then it bypasses the recycle bin. I know because that's how I delete all my stuff (never used the recycle bin really).

Installing software to recover it will probably write over the top of where it was, if windows swap file didn't already.

Thats certainly possible but I have recovered everything I have ever deleted.(If I wanted it). Its easier if you have two or more hard drives. You can install to the non C: drive.

I give it at least a 70 to 30 chance of success! :)

Back