• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Window TaskIcon disappears

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adriana

i have this very annoying problem where none of my icon(near the time) will not show up. is there anyway to fix this?

Do you happen to have Norton Utilities System Optimizer installed? If so, make sure Start menu --> Turn off System Tray CleanUp isn't checked. If that doesn't apply to you... Start | Run | Type regedit, and click OK | Expand the following branch:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Policies | Explorer

In the RH pane look for the following values, and if present delete them (right click each value and select Delete)...

NoAutoTrayNotify
NoTrayItemsDisplay

Again expand this next branch and perform a Delete to the same values as above...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | Software | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Policies | Explorer

You'll need to logoff and re-login for the changes to take effect.

Last edited:
omg thank you redduc900, your a god!!! :clap:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Policies | Explorer

i got the value NoTrayItemsDisplay and deleted it and it worked!!

redduc900 said:
Do you happen to have Norton Utilities System Optimizer installed? If so, make sure Start menu --> Turn off System Tray CleanUp isn't checked. If that doesn't apply to you... Start | Run | Type regedit, and click OK | Expand the following branch:

In the RH pane look for the following values, and if present delete them (right click each value and select Delete)...

NoAutoTrayNotify
NoTrayItemsDisplay

Again expand this next branch and perform a Delete to the same values as above...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | Software | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Policies | Explorer

You'll need to logoff and re-login for the changes to take effect.
This fixed it for me as well :)

Back