• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Win 10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madman7

This is a strange one. I can't open Settings. It just flashes up then disappears. I can't open device manager because I get "This app has been blocked for your protection" and stuff about administrator. I'm the damn administrator. I don't know when this started. Computer management gives the same crap about the administrator. I can't get to anything that allows me to make myself the administrator. Any ideas? I haven't done anything to change the administrator rights which I had at some time ago. It's like someone has denied me access to things on my own computer.

I got the block protection solved but I still can't get the system app to start. I researched the issue and I tried every fix suggested. It seems some of my files are corrupt so a new install is in order. If any body knows a fix I'd appreciate it.

First time in years , i just completed an in place upgrade/repair Windows 11 Pro.
For the moment id say its a good choice. At least a couple guides come up in the search engine.
Gets my vote for faster fix failed windows updates.
10-4 roger

Something suggests this could be some kind of malware. I would indeed scan the system for nasties. G/L

Z

I tried the sfc/scannow and it didn't work. It went to 18% and then said files missing. I think this started after Win 10 BSOD with memory management. It rebooted and then needed to do a disc scan to repair files. The HD doesn't have any issues. I did a memory check and no memory issues. I did a little searching and the memory manademet is a common issue. So it appears a fresh install is in order. I couldn't even force an update either. I did do a virus scan and nothing appears.

Did you use this command first when running sfc>>>>> DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth<<<<<?

could this be A case of being in 's" mode?

open settings, open system, click about and see if this is in "s" mode

Back