• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I create a non-administrator account in Win. 11?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I installed windows 11 on my nephews pc. I am the administrator since I know what I'm doing but I don't want him to have the same privileges as me so he can't damage the account or obtain my account information. Even though this sounds like an easy feat I can't find anything online about how to do this. I would like it to sign on to his standard account when the pc is turned on or restarted automatically if possible. If not, how do I get it to where he will not need another windows account to sign in and use this pc in standard/child mode? Please help, everything I've read about this flies straight over my head. Thanks.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to do? Why don't you just create a account for him with type Standard without a password? To log in all he has to do is select his user and he will automatically log in. If you want then account could have a password but that is optional.

Windows 11 really tries to coerce you into creating a Microsoft account but you can bypass that and create a local account instead.
In Settings:
Select Accounts
Scroll down and select Other users
Select Add account
Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information"
Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account"

Back