• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows update thinks my computer is not Win 11 ready, but it is.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fabulouscoops

I am running windows 10 and am trying to upgrade to windows 11
I have a gigabyte motherboard (Aorus Master Z390) and I enabled Intel PTT in the BIOS. tpm.msc reports TPM 2.0 is enabled.
PC Health Check from Microsoft reports TPM 2.0 is active and I meet all Win 11 requirements
BUT Windows 10 update still says I don't meet system requirements for windows 11. (because I didn't until I enabled TMP) So when I ask for updates I do not get an option to download win 11.

Its the computer in my sig.

Looking for some ideas to clear this up.

Last edited:
Instead of an update, start from scratch. Try making a bootable iso and see if it still trips up.

I did a BIOS update on my Aorus X570 that made TMP enabled by default & the next Windows update was for Win11 upgrade.

I downloaded the windows 11 media creation tool and copied it onto a USB drive. Ran setup.exe and the tool started the install process. I was not ready to do the update yet so I stopped and went to Windows update and it now reports I am cleared for Win 11., updating gave the download button.

Thanks both for your help.
I'll have to see if there's a bios update as well.

Edit: All done. Went smoothly

Last edited:
Back