• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Venice 754socket

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SStrokerAce

This thing can be air cooled to 2.5-2.7Ghz, so I wonder how much I can push it with WC.

It's a 90nm process chip and it's super cool already.

I want to WC for more performance AND to quiet the mofo down. I also have a machine shop so making this whole deal is pretty simple since I have the tools for it. Budget for the WC is whatever it takes really, I'm going to make a custom case so the space limit is whatever size I want, which is as small as I can make it.

As for other parts...

AMD Venice 3000+ 754 Socket
Biostar TForce 6100
gigaram 2x1GB
or
G.Skill 2x 1GB

What problems do you see with this setup? (i'm doing the 754 because I figure I'll get more out of the RAM for the $$ than the 939 chip, and I don't upgrade once I build a system)

How much do you think is possible? There is not a lot of info on this chip other than whats on NewEgg and this thread.

Thanks,

Bret

what type of case you you using? Im not to sure how much you might get out of it. If you want quite with same temps/lower temps then yea...

I'm building a case.... I'm going to make a tube frame and use aluminum and carbon fiber to make the side pannels.

The Venice only puts out 51W so it's very cool at 2Ghz, and with a max temp of 65°C, I'm going to use the computer for a TV as well and it will be in my bedroom so it has to be quiet.

I can't find what my barrier is going to be on the setup yet.... the dam video card on the mobo seems to be my biggest hold up.

Bret

My 90nm Venice-Ron does 2.8 on water with tons of volts. I'd imagine your chip would do as good or better.

Plan for the worse, hope for the best ;-).

On a side note, Stroker Ace was a fun movie. The new Will Ferral Nascar movie is pretty funny too (I saw one of the first screenings).

Moto,

Yeah that's how I build motors.... tell them you'll have 550hp and give them 600.

I've had this SN for years and you are probably one of the only people to even mention that old movie!

Thanks,

Bret

Back