• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Props to antec

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tay

Hey all,

Recently after messing up the side panel for my sonata II, I gave Antec a call to see if I could buy a replacement. I couldn't get ahold of anybody, called back a couple of times, etc. I even left a message with my name and phone #.

After poking around on their site, I find this "help ticket" thing.... So I filled it out, and sent it in (online). I told them that I destroyed my side panel, and I would like to purchase a new one, I also mentioned that I couldn't get ahold of anyone by phone. The representative got back to me quickly, and e-mailed me a .pdf of the case and asked for the exact part #. I gave him it, then he asked my to forward my invoice to him. I didn't have the e-mail any more, so I took a screenshot of the invoice on the newegg website, and sent him that.

Three days later, a package arrived on my doorstep from antec containg the side panel, free of charge.

So I'd like to say thanks to antec, and mega props for them being so cool :)

Yea, I wasn't expecting it. I was totally ready to pay for a new side panel, but they were so cool to send it free. Maybe because I couldn't get ahold of them by phone? idk, but I'm happy :D

wow, thats nice to know, I've always liked antec cases and power supplies. Never had a problem with any of them, but if i do i hope to receive the same service.

Yeah.. I spent about 27 bucks or something to get a new sidepanel for mine.. And it was pretty difficult.. I was ordering the REAR side panel (behind the motherboard) and they don't list a number on that sheet for it. So it took some work to get them to know what I needed.. I was ordering the back because I needed to mod the door, but the normal one had precut holes in the way.. but they were physically similar..

But they ended up just sending me the front door without the holes cut... Strange.. as if they knew what I wanted.. But the first time I asked for what I actually wanted, they said it didn't exist and that I'd void my warantee (yeah.. like my case is going to up and fall apart in the next year).

Back