• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NV-78 vs. Maze4 Acetal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeimbo

Disabled
has anyone done a comparison between these 2? i havent seen any reviews that compare these 2 directly, they seem kinda silimar temp wise aside from the maze4 not covering the ram, but people usually opt for the ocz ramsinks anyway. or if you own either and can post temps about what youre currently at. any input is appreciated, thanks.

It is probably better to go with the Maze 4 and standard BGA ramsinks. Not only is it half the cost, you'll also probably have better overclocking as your temps will be lower (Maze 4 doesn't have to cool the memory). I will be using a Maze 4 and the OCZ sinks on my system. I'll post the results when I get everything running next week in my thread in the Project Logs forum.

Oh... acetal... man I was thinking acrylic... definetly the Maze4. =D

I've used the same Maze4 for my 6800nu, 6800u, and 6800gs, soon to use it on my 7800gs. Temps on the 6800's were always -18C or more compared to stock using a dual 120mm rad.

Last edited:
sounds good as i just ordered one. my friend has an nv-78 but hes been waiting on his case. he has a 4x120mm radiator and i just have a 1x120mm radiator so results should be interesting, although mine is thermochill and his is cora i think. i just ordered the ocz sinks too, wish i could get my hands on some of the sweet revoltec ones. will post results as they develope

as5 most likely. i may end up ordering some coollaboratory flusigmetal or whatever it is tho just to try it out. it only works with PURE copper hs's i think tho so ill have to see how the maze4 is.

no need for the NV-78, maze 4 acetal with ocz ramsinks will be pretty much just as good at half the cost. No worries the the Acetal, it wont crack. Also, check out the Silverprop Cyclone FusionHL, its supposed to be better than the Maze 4 although theres no reviews here in the states. However, some forums place the gpu and chipset as the best in their water cooling stickies. Even here at OC forums they list the chipset as the best.

NoodleHead said:
no need for the NV-78, maze 4 acetal with ocz ramsinks will be pretty much just as good at half the cost. No worries the the Acetal, it wont crack. Also, check out the Silverprop Cyclone FusionHL, its supposed to be better than the Maze 4 although theres no reviews here in the states. However, some forums place the gpu and chipset as the best in their water cooling stickies. Even here at OC forums they list the chipset as the best.

link for the silverprop? where can i order one from?

Hate it when people generalize stuff just because thats how it applies to the majority.

Blocks that cool both ram and CPU benifit those who arent going to OC the core too much, or those that have a chiller, and who dont have any airflow over the Vidcard slot(s).

With the same pump the Maze4 will definitely give you better temps on the Core. But if you have tons of head (an iwaki) the nv78 wont do a bad job.

If you are going for max OC and don't care about strapping a fan over the card then go for the Maze4 and some ramsinks.

If you want a silent solution the nv78 would be a better fit.

Give all the information when you answer, not just the best general fit. Let the reader decide.

I've run both the NV-68 and the Maze4.
If you can successfully mount the full coverage block it does a great job, but it's a stone ***** to get it on right.
DangerDen does not use the four mount points around the core, opting instead to use the outer holes by the RAM.
This attachment tends to warp the card and leave the GPU with partial contact.
Mucho fiddling with the mounting screws can alleviate this, but it's not easy with the card in place and the tubing attached.

That's the main reason I have a Neptune on the way...ST uses the inner mount holes and it should be easier to seat it properly.

I hope.

lol, ironically, i ordered the maze4 lowpro acetal + ocz ramsinks the same day my friend ordered the nv-78 so i will post the results as they develope. although he has a 4x120mm cora and i have a pa160.1 - i think itll be close. anyone have a link to that prog used to max your video card? it starts with an r and has a weird name i forget =/

zeimbo said:
link for the silverprop? where can i order one from?

there are 2 places that I've seen on Silverprop's website: Criticool and PTS . Criticool only carries Silverprop but they drop ship from Austrailia and it appears that they are not accepting any orders. PTS has them in house and some other stuff too.

i tried PTS's website but im not sure if the shipping rates are correct, but it would be about double the price of the maze4 after shipping and it only comes with 1/2" OD barbs, whereas the rest of set up is 1/2" ID. i already ordered the maze4 so ill post results as my w/c setup is supposed to arrive today.

Back