• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Virus Warning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tunnel

This virus wanring keeps popping up

prt.jpg

and ive tried everything to get rid of it.

Spybot S + D
AVG Antivirus
Spyware Doctor

and nothing has got rid of it any idea?????

many regards

Tunnel

Try some online scanners. Like Trend Micro, Panda ect. Also try running avg off of the recovery disk, so the virus does not have the ability to just copy itself over. Do you know the name of the virus, or what it is doing? That may be able to help isoloate what type it is and get rid of it faster.

I had that once and i had to use msconfig to disable all startup files. Then reactivate items one at a time to figure out what it was. Once i found it i went into safe mode and deleted the files. It's actually a piece of spyware, and is incredibly difficult to remove. Good Luck.

I just had to remove this horrible POS from a friend's laptop. You can google for a removal guide, iirc. I don't have a copy of the guide anymore as I deleted it and all memory of it from my mind when directly after I finally fixed it a mutual friend of my friend decided to be helpful and installed a virus-laden "anti-spyware" suite on our friend's computer, effectively destroying it. As of that point I decided to stop helping people with spyware cleaning. On the plus side it allowed me to finally convince him to get a new harddrive and RAM (he was using a 4200RPM 20 gig drive and 256mb of PC2100...for audio editing. :bang head )

Back