• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ripping DVD, audio/vdieo not sync...??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
I'm using No1 DVD Ripper along with Divx6.1 codec to DVDs to Divx file onto my hard drive for storage/backup. however, I've been encounting the video and audio not sync!! what's wrong?? could that be b/c I'm also running Folding@Home at the background that robbing the cpu cycle?? or something else (dvd drive speed? HDD speed? this software is sux?) that could make that happen??

system spec:

[email protected], 76gb Raptor OS/App, 400gb WD SE16, 2gb of ram.

TIA.

Use DVD-Shrink. I love it. I filled up a 300 Gig HD with DVD files over the past week and made DVD B/U Copies as well...

DVD-Shrink is also free...

Divx seemed to be WAY to loosy for my preferences.

:cool:

Last edited:
Randyman... said:
Use DVD-Shrink. I love it. I filled up a 300 Gig HD with DVD files over the past week and made DVD B/U Copies as well...

DVD-Shrink is also free...

Divx seemed to be WAY to loosy for my preferences.

:cool:
how do I just backup the main movie onto the HD with DVDShrink and get rid of all those extra features/subtitle/etc. like I could in #1DVDRipper?? it does seem to be able for me to copy the DVD onto a single layer disc, but I don't know how to use it to backup (and compress) onto the HD without any extra stuffs tho.... :eh?:

Mine sometimes mismatches the sound as well. But it seems to be related to other activyt. I ussually rip at night now.

Using Easy DVD Copy

I use both DVD Shrink and CloneDVD2. There both as good as each other really but the one advantage I found CloneDVD2 has is that you can keep the structure of the main menu along with the main movie (no extras) and the main menu is still interactive

oh, just want to let you guys know, I've just tried InterVideo's DVDCopy4. works great!! backup DVD2DVD easily, and/or rip it onto the HDD and encode to Divx/H.264/ANYTHING YOU LIKE!! even support PSP and iPod Video format!! plus it's VERY VERY FAST too!! I thought #1DVDRipper is fast already, rip to Divx, homethreater quality, around 2hrs. DVDCopy4 takes a bit over an hour that's it!! and no sync problem whatsoever!! :thup:

Back