• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thinking of buying this waterblock is this good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's a waterblock with a peltier cooling installed if I'm not mistaken.. Besides that block, you would need insulation and a power supply if I'm not mistaken.

I haven't much knowledge on TEC coolers so I cannot tell you if that would be a good choice or not.

-GearShift3r

And a good rad to get rid of the 325w of heat it will put out with the pelt + an oc 3000 @ 100+w.

Just so you know, TECS can be dangerous as in frying your CPU or worse, burning down your house. They also will cause your electric bill to go up a bit.

i was wondering since i really dont care about powerbill where can you get a psu dual psu dongle i seen one in the forums not long ago and it connects 2 psus to one mobo i would need one of those

1stOVERCLOCKER said:
i was wondering since i really dont care about powerbill where can you get a psu dual psu dongle i seen one in the forums not long ago and it connects 2 psus to one mobo i would need one of those

just make your own. buy 2 atx psu 20pin or 24pin extension connectors and just wire them together. there are tons of guides on how to do it in the psu/case forum. either that or just get an at psu and turn that on separtely.

I wouldn't use any sort of adapter between the main PSU and the motherboard. Motherboards and CPU's draw so much current these days that even a small resistance can cause a significant voltage drop. And your DFI board is known to behave badly when a 20 to 24 pin PSU adapter is used.

It would better to use a 12V relay triggered by a molex from the first PSU to ground the second PSU's "PS_ON" pin.
http://69.36.189.159/usr_1034/atx_on.gif

why wouldnt you just pin mod or use the 'paper' clip trick that way you dont need to have both connected to the mobo

Daddyjaxx said:
And a good rad to get rid of the 325w of heat it will put out with the pelt + an oc 3000 @ 100+w.

Just so you know, TECS can be dangerous as in frying your CPU or worse, burning down your house. They also will cause your electric bill to go up a bit.

I don't quite know about burning down a house but if the tec fails the CPU could overheat. This is why you should make sure to set the shut down temp in your BIOS to 60° or lower when you're using a TEC. Basically, a direct die style TEC setup should be able to cool your CPU to ambient. If its not able to do that, you need a more powerful TEC or better cooling on the hot side.

Your electric bill won't go up much even if you're running it 24/7. If you can afford running three more lightbulbs you'll be just fine. If you switch to fluorescent bulbs in rooms where you keep a light on for hours on end you probably won't notice much of an increase in your bill.

Back