• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to water cooling... how did I do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stockwiz

Registered
After digging around for a while here's what I came up with for my first water cooling system.... it will be cooling one opteron 165 and one 7900 GT video card.

I plan on making a T line with the fillport reservoir at the top of the case (outside the case) as my radiator is mounted at the top and I thought it would make filling easy and that it would look neat having it there. :beer: Also using the y fitting to make a fill/drain valve at the very bottom near the pump for ease purposes.

I'm using 120mm silver aluminum frame fans that I already own with a fan controller I already own... gonna buy some clamps locally, even though some say you don't need clamps with 7/16 tubing, better to be safe. Hope I did well. :)

1 x Polypropylene "T" Fitting 1/2" $1.99
1 x Danger Den Fillport Reservoir
- Fillport Color: Black Anodized
- Fitting Size: 1/2" for 1/2" I.D. Tubing $25.95
1 x Polypropylene "Y" Fitting 1/2" $1.99
10 x Swiftech 7/16" ID PVC Clear Tubing $10.90
1 x Swiftech MCP655™ 12 VDC Pump $79.95
1 x Swiftech MCW60™ Graphics Card Liquid Cooler - Black $44.95
1 x ***NEW*** Black Ice® GT Stealth 240 Highest Peformance Radiator - Black
- Radiator Color: Onyx Black
- Fitting Size: 1/2" OD $49.95
1 x *** NEW *** Swiftech APOGEE Extreme Performance Universal Water-block
- Retention Hardware: Stock Retention Hardware

not too bad, although im a bit skeptical about how good the Black Ice GTs are. Swiftech tubing is ok, but save yourself some money and get some Masterkleer.

Yah you did good. Not that big of a deal but I would've gone with a car heatercore (~$20) and picked up the swiftech storm waterblock. No big deal though, you will be happy with that setup.

yeah I didn't feel like ordering my stuff from more then one site which accounts for some of the items like the tubing. I don't know how much better a car radiator would have performed, but I didn't mind an extra 25 bucks for something that's ready to go and I know will mount correctly where it needs to go. Also I've found that it's just better to get the best one can get for the money right away instead of adding a little here, little there, and spending more in the end.

I got some clamps from ace hardware along with an all copper t-line which they had there for under a buck. I just hope this doesn't turn into too much of an obsession that ends with extreme cooling, peltiers, phase changing, etc.

Really I didn't NEED to watercool, I just FELT like it.... though I suppose everybody here could say that. :beer:

You should be real happy with that setup. (for awhile anyways muawhaaa haa haa) The obession begins. lol

Last edited:
Back