• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Antivirus program?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thaclassikz

Whats a good antivirus program that doesnt slow down your system and has good overall performance?

Antivir and Nod32 are the best. I'd pick nod32 because the update system is less obtrusive

but antivir works very well, is fairly lightweight, and is free.

AVG is a POS, don't ever use it.

I too, have found NOD32 to be the safest anti-virus out of all the popular ones I have tried, IMO. Nothing has ever gotten past it on my system.

Midnight Dream said:
I use and recommend Anti-Vir. It has a free version (the one I use), and its worked fine for me.
i would recommend that too.
but if your willing to spend some money i say you look at eset nod32 or kaspersky. i perfer nod32 because it its low resources usage and effectiveness. never gotten a viruse with it and scanning is fairly quicker than others. but kaspersky is one of the best.

I use AVG Free, and I haven't had a problem at all. (Used it since the early 6.0 versions.) I have it installed on my system and my girlfriend's laptop. I rarely get viri but my girlfriend has to be a virus magnet. At least once every two weeks she has a new virus which AVG promptly reports and removes. She likes to open all email attachments even with me warning her not to. I haven't had to perform maintenance work on her system for about 3 months now as it has been successful with removing anything that it finds.

I'd recommend AVG Free or Kapersky as a free antivirus solution....both are effective at what they do and they don't hog your system resources, as is the case with, dare I say, Norton. (Norton has to be the worst piece of software ever written.)

For free, I recommend Avast.

If you are willing to pay about $40, you can get Trend Micro Internet Security which is great and doesn't slow your system down.

McAfee Is good. I use this only. As of this day, this is good and the performance is also good and supportive.
cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back