• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Atlas Os it's good ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Never heard of, or used it. IMO, unless you have a potato for a system though (you're buildimg new), I dont see the point of a gaming OS for a few more frames.

Since you modify an existing OS, then it is better to just install clean Win11, and when you find enough info that the Atlas is good (or not), then decide if you want to perform all the changes. You can always clone/image your existing OS and keep a copy "just in case".

I have never felt the need for optimized Win11. After the clean OS installation, I simply disable everything I don't need, and it's fine for me. I also install OS with a local admin account (on new Win11 editions, you can cheat the installer by picking a domain account option and not using the domain but creating a local account).

Maybe I can find some time to check it on one of the test rigs. I still don't know if I need it for anything, but who knows, maybe I will like it.

Oh ****... shows how much I know, lol. THought it was a different OS... maybe I shouldn't reply before I get out of bed, lol.

Honestly, I don't tweak a thing in W11. I don't think I would with any modern platform... but it depends who you are and your system....or maybe a pro player who needs those milliseconds less latency in twitch FPS.

Back in the day, I used that dude Viper's tweajs for XP or w/e else he had. Worked a treat! I'd expect this to do the same. I'd love to see some 3rd party testing on fresh W11 vs Fresh Atlas tweaked. Latency would be interesting to test (Latencymon?) too. Le sigh... so little time. :(

Almost clean Win11 with 120 processes in the background doesn't look good ;)
Once I finish storage tests, I will try to check Atlas on a side test rig.

If you make me do this on my OS.....................:rofl:

Looking forward to the testing... OP too I bet. :)

Oh yes! I should have detailed that you need Windows installed and activated.

I've found a little utility "https://rufus.ie/en/" to create a smoother, more customized installation.

The M$ account bores me, as does geolocation.
I'm not a bad guy, but my phone already collects enough info about us!

In the choice of country, if you set (World) it also disables geolocation.

My 5c...

I think you bet right :cool:

Rufus.JPG

Here are some test bench results.

I understand that I don't need this on the new config. and that it will be capable.

But who can do more, can do less too ;)

Thanks,
I found some more!
I don't know what it's worth...
But, nice compare...

Atlas works just fine, but Ghost Spectre just offers so many more options for me. You are not locked in so to speak as it has a "Toolbox" where you can add programs you want/need later down the road.

You just have to be careful about what you add to the Toolbox. Like any program on any system. ;)

Thanks for screen @67Elco

Do you have any documentation? Site? I've only seen 1 GitHub... but poor info (maybe I don't have the right one).

Thanks for screen @67Elco

Do you have any documentation? Site? I've only seen 1 GitHub... but poor info (maybe I don't have the right one).
Unfortunately it is the worst experience ever just to get to the point of a download initially. Best advice is to visit the YouTube channel and follow the directions from there.

Hi,

I'll be making a new configuration soon. And I've heard about "Atlas Os",
What do you think of it?
Performance, Security, Your experience ... ?

https://atlasos.net/
I have herd of it I have never used it, but I have watched utube videos. It looks cool but like I said I never tried it.:unsure:
Post magically merged:

Oh yes! I should have detailed that you need Windows installed and activated.

I've found a little utility "https://rufus.ie/en/" to create a smoother, more customized installation.

The M$ account bores me, as does geolocation.
I'm not a bad guy, but my phone already collects enough info about us!

In the choice of country, if you set (World) it also disables geolocation.

My 5c...

I think you bet right :cool:

View attachment 365593
I love using rufus it works 100% no problems.

Back