• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Downgrading MS Office

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whitebloodcell

I had installed Office 2007, and liked it to be honest however, my serial key ran out so now it only works with very basic functionality, I have a full license for Office 2003 so want to go back to that. Will this cause any problems? I don't want to lose all my Email Account settings and Emails etc. And any settings I've changed elsewhere.

You'll have to uninstall 2007, I think that it keeps SOME of the preferances but I'm not sure which ones. A similar example would be that I uninstalled IE6 to install Beta7 and it still kept all the bookmarks, history etc... and same thing when going from Beta1 to 2 to 3. If you want to be 100% SAFE and all your concerned about is Outlook then you can export your address book and then save a copy of your PST and OST files on a CD. I'm not sure but hopefully 2007 address book, PST and OST will work with 2003.

by default your pst is stored in \documents and settings\%username%\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook. But since that would be a pain for the average user to find, the export tool was added (among other reasons)

btw your sig is funny :)

i decided to just get a newer Beta Version of Office 2007. So had to uninstall the previosu version, after install of the updated version everything is fine. And this version is much better aswell.

Back