• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Office Outlook 2019 Single Data File problem, cannot change data files

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techiemon

Hi guys,

I have encountered an issue with Office 2019... I have about 20 email accounts that I manage through Outlook. And with those email addresses I have about 6-7 different Data .pst files.
The problem is I can only associate the very first email address I set up with the data file I want. After that, no matter what I do, the option to change folders disappears for any other email accounts I try to set up.

In addition it seems Outlook 2019 will also not let you change the outgoing name you use on the messages, before you could call it whatever you wanted, but now, you cannot. I hate it.

How do deal with the .pst data file issue. I have almost 50GB of mail, I definitely do not want it all in one pst file! If the file gets corrupt, dang, I lose everything. And the time it takes the file to open will also be slower.

Nevermind, I think I solved it myself. IMAP uses .ost while POP3 uses .pst. So of course the mail cannot be in the same folder. Kind of stinks, but it is what it is.

Back