• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p5b deluxe bios 711 bug

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k_laurent02

Registered
Ok, this is ****ing me off now. Why the hell is my link width x1 instead of x16 with this new bios, and how do i fix this.

My settings shouldnt give me that, i'm locked at 100/33, nb and sb vcores are at 1.6v. I've tried upping the pcie freq and it didnt help. I've tried reflashing which as expected didnt help either.
I know for a fact its this bios causing it, has anyone else been able to fix this?

Last edited:
Problem brought up in this thread... http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=480291
I had this problem also.
The way I cured it is I re-flashed back to 614, reset cmos, etc.
Then I decided I'll give 711 one more shot. So set bios back to default settings, flashed to 711, reset cmos(take out battery), adjust settings back to my liking but nb voltage not to 1.65, I tried 1.45 and it seems to be doing ok.
I haven't pushed it to 3.6 on this bios yet. Maybe tomorrow.
If it happens again, I'll be going back to 614's..

Last edited:
argg, now it happened to me, after overclocking the video card till it crashed.
went to 1 after some boot thing, if you guys hadnt said anything i wouldnt have been looking.
then i played the flash and clear game, but its now stuck at 8 :-(

there are some days when i wish i knew what i was doing.

according to some stuff on the web, its "negotiated" between the videocard, and the board, so i wonder if my video card is ticked off at me, or if there is any Registry setting for that.

Psycogeec said:
then i played the flash and clear game, but its now stuck at 8 :-(

ahh i see, my problem was the video card, a part 1/2 the size of a human hair had become dislodged at the pci-e connector point
i fixed it (barely) with a part that looks like an elephant in comparison

Back