• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Panaflow fan cut my little bro's finger off (Thread is a HOAX-OCForum STAFF)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wun911

THIS IS A HOAX. READ FOR HUMOR CONTENT ONLY.

If you care to send proof that this is real, PM any/all of the administration/moderation staff.

Thelemac

My little bro put his fingers into a high speed panflo fan which was mounted to a rad outside of my case.

At the time I couldnt afford some fan guards or a shroud... and my little bro decided to put his finger into the fan while it was running.

As the fan's blades broke off it created some really really sharp edges and sliced my little bro's finger off (just his index finger) his fingers will undergo micro surgery next week.

Friggin little punk as soon as he gets out of hospital.... Ill make him buy me a new fan.... and in the mean time I will take his new 7950GT.

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek:

How old is your brother? Hope his fingers get put back in working order.

I had to turn down the speed of some fans on my case to make it Kitten safe (they sure love playing with fans). They don't call them fan blades for nothing, play it safe with your airflow people.

Did it actually cut through bone? Or just slice through his flesh? You seem pretty nonchalant about it if his finger just flew off.

His finger was cut off just about 2cm of finger or so. I head it go crunch but I dont know if it was the plastic snappin or his bone.

His middle finger had a large piece of fan blade inside but that finger was ok still attached.

Doc says all will be good after surgery...

And yeah I'm happy at least he wont touch my stuff ever again.... (teach him a good lesson the little )

Dude that is COLD! :eek:

What are fan guards.. a buck? WOW! hard lesson.

I'm seriously glad you don't have kids yet :eek:

I hope your brother gets bigger than you at some point and gets some revenge. He almost lost a finger and all you care about is your stupid fan, thats sad.

Being an only child, I dont know how you all look at Brothers and Sisters but I cant believe that you are so basially non caring about that. Regardless whether it didnt do any damage to your system or not, treating it as a lesson and not really seeming to care is harsh.

Maybe it was an accident??

I hate to say it, but if he is old enough to have a 7950 but stupid enough to stick his finger in there, he was kind of asking for it, was he not? Still, I had no idea a fan could do that.

I want pics of the damnage to the sibling!!!
I need to know how effective... oh i mean dangerous high speed fans can really be. Given the right conditions for darwinism of course.

Secondly... dude musta really jammed his finger in there to take out so many of the fan blades. No offence but serves the fool right. If it were the radiator fan on a car, he would have been much worse off.

Yeah, take his 7950GT - if he stuck his fingers in a fan like that, i wouldnt think he diserves it either.

one panaflow fan: $14.95
one bottle of catchup: $1.25
getting people to believe youre
brother lost a finger in said catchup
covered fan : priceless

Adragontattoo said:
Maybe it was an accident??

I'm going to have to say that the OP neglected to put a fan guard on the fan, so negligence seems more appropriate.

I have given wun911 one opportunity to come out and say that this story is fake. If he does not and I find it to not be true, I will be very unhappy to say the least.

wun911 said:
(teach him a good lesson the little *S-N Edit. Removed offending word.*)
First, fake. Second, what's with the language?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back