• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G80 Waterblock Thread.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crfracer290

With the new 8800s shipping and arriving alot of people are anxious to get them under water and start OCing the snot out of them...But, so far there have been very few compatible blocks that look appealing. Of course Swiftech is stepping up and will be marketing a adapter for the MCW60, but besides that all there seems to be in the works is some iffy aluminum full cover block that look to be overpriced.

Let's make this thread to concentrate on new developments on G80 specific water blocks.

What have you guys seen/heard/imagined about a new breed of GPU water blocks? :)

Looks promising, still will be really restrictive though because of the low profile. Maybe all we will see if full cover block because of the plethora of stuff on these cards that needs to be cooled.

the mcw60 will have a conversion kit out in a few weeks. according to a swiftech rep

crfracer290 said:
Looks promising, still will be really restrictive though because of the low profile. Maybe all we will see if full cover block because of the plethora of stuff on these cards that needs to be cooled.

Sure hope all the extras on the card don't require active cooling. A combo like in all the pictures of the card that circualted where the core is watercooled and everything else has the HS/fan combo would be crazy to run.

i coulda sworn i saw somewhere that the holes were the same distance apart as a 7900gt? am i wrong? although the IHS on thoes things is HUGE... soo i could see it needing the holes further apart.

Interesting thread.

I wonder how that new Maze 5 GPU block compares to the 8800GTX block. The thing I like about the Maze 5 is that you can slap it onto pretty much anything for a few years until it wears out or you buy a new one.

Seven said:
Interesting thread.

I wonder how that new Maze 5 GPU block compares to the 8800GTX block. The thing I like about the Maze 5 is that you can slap it onto pretty much anything for a few years until it wears out or you buy a new one.

I am planning on grabbing a maze5 once my gts gets here, I just hope there are no problems with using a bunch of small passive heatsinks on the other components.

That full coverage block looks beautiful. Even though there are extras to cool, not just the GPU, the point of WC'ing is to achive better temps for your components. The RAM and whatever that little thing on the left is will somehow benefit from the lower temps as well.

raevien said:
http://www.dangerden.com/images/8800gtx/8800gtx_front_600w.gif

Looks interesting. I wonder if the new maze5 is compatable.

Is it me or is the top made out of aluminum?
icon13.gif

no, it's delrin

This card requires cooling of 26 different heat generating components demanding a full coverage solution. Danger Den working in conjunction with BFG Technologies developed this extreme watercooling solution shown at the NVIDIA launch party / GeForce LAN3.

BFG Technologies and Danger Den developed this 8800GTX waterblock that features:

* 1/2", 3/8", and 1/4" Tubing Support with the G 1/4 BSPP Thread
* Single Slot Cooling solution (Only BFG Tech has the Single Slot Adaptor)
* Copper and Delrin design for extended life
* Multiple fitting locations for easy tube routing (Prepped for SLI)
* Of course SLI Compatible
* When purchased through BFG Technologies receive their industry leading True Lifetime Warranty

Availability - Soon

yea... at the cost of $100 for a single block when i thought an apogee was expensive. i don't think my 8800 is going to be under water for a looong time

I know I will buy a block for it, even if it costs 100 bucks, wont be happy with it but I have all this watercooling stuff and to not use it would be a shame.

Wouldn't it just be better to get the 8800gtx with the dangerden waterblock on it? Is it worth the price?

Do companies like danger den actually make money off full coverage blocks.

Blocks like the Maze 4 can be used on one card to the next. They don't need to re-engineer it every 6 months with the new cards. And they can be put on both ATI and NV cards. This means higher volume.

The full cover blocks only work on a few cards, so there is much smaller volume. They are also more complicated to machine so cost more to make.

So do full cover blocks actually make money?

crfracer290 said:
I know I will buy a block for it, even if it costs 100 bucks, wont be happy with it but I have all this watercooling stuff and to not use it would be a shame.

If the cost on the gf7 series full coverage blocks is any indicator this one will be a lot more than $100.

Last edited:
Back