• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ARGH at these 2 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, one is the only one really *****ing me off, but I'll put the 2nd one down too:

Every 48 hours or so, try to play an mp3, avi, mpg, anything requiring sound in any app - "80070057 - bad directsound driver". Only fix seems to be uninstalling, restarting, and reinstalling the sound card driver. The funny thing is, if this error pops up for 1 sound card, it will occur on all 3 (1 onboard, 1 audigy, 1 just for the gameport). Until about a week ago, I had really good uptime, now this! I know a reinstall is an easy answer, but apart from this, I've got a perfect install...

2nd problem: dialog boxes for system tray icons "hiding" part way behind the taskbar. Doesn't matter whether I lock it or not.

If your using the Gigabyte DS3, DS4 or DQ6 then this is a known problem associated with the F7 Bios. It started at F5, so you can install F4 Bios. The F8 Bios is on the way.

Im not to sure what your problem is... 3 sound cards are allot, but it shouldnt matter. Disable what you can, if your not using onboard sound, disable that in the BIOS. Disable the Parrel Port if your not using it. Same with the Com port. I enable SMART drives, but I will disable LAN cause my computer isnt on the net yet. Go through the BIOS and disable all the little things in bios devices that you dont use...

As for the Quick Tray issue... Try changine the Resolution higher for a little bit, then shrinking it back down (or vise-versa). If this doesnt work, try re-installing the program your having the problem with.

Mike

Back