• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Optional Fan on Striker Extreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UmbraSprite

Registered
I have the Striker Extreme on a water cooled system I am planning on OC'ing.
The board comes with a small fan that can be mounted on the NB copper heat sink fins and is recommend when using a water cooled system. So two questions:

1. Is this fan really necessary? Are there significant benefits?

2. The location of the fan would be only inches from my 120's at the back of the case which are pushing (couldn't set up pulling with my current setup) air through my Black Ice Extreme double rad. I was concerned with the two fans competing against each other.

Thanks for the input!

I have seen a few PPL say that the lil fan makes a big difference But I think it would more depend on how much air flow you have . Only way to know for sure would be to test it your self .

||Console|| said:
I have seen a few PPL say that the lil fan makes a big difference But I think it would more depend on how much air flow you have . Only way to know for sure would be to test it your self .

thats some very helpful advice there. test it yourself, thats why we humans rule the world, we have a capability of trial and error that most other animals can't, well, they can... but it takes them hundreds of years of evolution to figure it out lol.

Back