• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pic request and question :) !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokitexas

Getting ready to move cases and upgrade a few things, I have been looking for pictures for some ideas and whatnot.

I am looking for pictures of :

1. Swifty MCP655 pump mounted in a U2-UFO. I have seen a couple from the folks here, but I know there are some out there I have not seen. I have having a heck of a time trying to decide where to place it.

Also, I know you can mount the 655 upside down, but more specifically, how should I NOT mount it?

Any suggestions will be welcome!

you should NOT mount it so the inlet is working AGAINST gravity.

always have it so when you fill your loop the water flows easily into the pump. not having to go upwards. always going down. so it works with gravity.

we call this "priming" the pump, the pump is constantly filled with water. never EVER run the pump dry. (its ok for a buble to run through the pump, as long as theres water behind the buble. but many people would argue its better to turn your pump off before the buble gets there so it doesn't break up into foamy stuff thats harder to get rid of)

i say mount it where the tubing is shortest, but i kinda like the look of the pump, so if you want to hide it, put it where the hard-drives are.

Ok so as long as the inlet is not fighting gravity, I can mount it however I need to right?

I dont think I am going to do some crazy mount, but its good to know what can/cant be done. Thanks much.

You can mount the inlet so it is fighting against gravity even if you have a way to prime it such as turning the case up side down to fill. Once the system is filled it will not matter.

You can mount it any direction you want, as long reservor is above water pump inlet. Never instal pump in highest point in watercooling setup.

Om makes sense. My res will be in the top 5 1/4 bay, so it will be the highest.

I am just trying to decide where to mount the pump so I can use as little tubing as possible.

Maybe there is a way to mount it in the back HD rack of the UFO. Who knows...thats why I am asking for some pics to get some more ideas!

Not sure if anyone is interested in seeing the before and after, but Ill take some pics, and take some suggestions as I go.

Yes, I have. It looks great. One of the best looking UFO's I have seen. The pics I saw didnt go so much "into" the layout of where everything is, so its hard to tell where everything was setup, if you know what I mean. Mostly pretty pics!

Maybe I have not seen them all?

nikhsub1 is the UFO master. :beer:

It is ALL his fault that I have a UFO! And if that wasn't bad enough he had to post pictures of the Green Monster showing the DDC-2 pumps causing me to have to order a DDC-2. It wasn't until I ordered the pump that I felt him stop twisting my arm. :) Oh the shame. :shrug:

Well it was my wife that ordered one for me for x-mas, THEN I started looing at pics.

She is so silly...doesnt she understand she is just feeding the fire? :bday:

I have what you are looking for....

I have bolted my Pumps to the bottom of the case with some dome nuts decided to use only 1 PSU on the top above the MB. (some people didnt like this idea but using a PSU as an exhaust works just fine for me)

As you can see there is plenty of room for custom tripple bay style Res and a dual pump system. Wires are everywhere but then again I have like 9 x 120mm fans and heaps of other crap in my PC! There isnt a lot of places where you can "tuck" your wires away like the Lian Li cases....

Moving to the MB side of the case there is enough room.... but a lot of it seems to be wasted. You will find it difficult to mount your HDs on this side if you have a longer than normal PSU or long vid cards. But as for water cooling there is plenty of room and you will never have to make any tight bends in your tubes.

I have put in some UV reactive water dye and a couple of lights so at night it looks like this.

[img=http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/3877/dscf0107qn2.th.jpg]

The top has been modded I striped the old thin acrylic off the window and put thicker acrylic pieces in. So ususally I use my case as a sort of coffee table that sits next to my desk in my room.

Thus far all seems to be good... however I did have higher expectations of MM cases.

Last edited:
Mycobacteria said:
I have what you are looking for....

I have bolted my Pumps to the bottom of the case with some dome nuts decided to use only 1 PSU on the top above the MB. (some people didnt like this idea but using a PSU as an exhaust works just fine for me)

As you can see there is plenty of room for custom tripple bay style Res and a dual pump system. Wires are everywhere but then again I have like 9 x 120mm fans and heaps of other crap in my PC! There isnt a lot of places where you can "tuck" your wires away like the Lian Li cases....

Moving to the MB side of the case there is enough room.... but a lot of it seems to be wasted. You will find it difficult to mount your HDs on this side if you have a longer than normal PSU or long vid cards. But as for water cooling there is plenty of room and you will never have to make any tight bends in your tubes.

I have put in some UV reactive water dye and a couple of lights so at night it looks like this.

[img=http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/3877/dscf0107qn2.th.jpg]

The top has been modded I striped the old thin acrylic off the window and put thicker acrylic pieces in. So ususally I use my case as a sort of coffee table that sits next to my desk in my room.

Thus far all seems to be good... however I did have higher expectations of MM cases.

Damn...that is a huge res. Its like a shoebox. I dont think I am going with 2 pumps..not sure why I would need 2. Still thanks for the pics, these do help.

Back