• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Billionaire! Heat and fire and storms.... Stay healthy and well.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
There are lots of bad things going on. I had to shut down for a few days for triple digit heat index. Something that those of you in the south know much better than I. Fires are raging, severe storms are racing across the globe. Whatever you have to deal with in your area, deal with that then come back in as good health or better. Be safe!

We will be announcing that Raymond_Abbott reached his first billion so be ready. Oh I wasn't supposed to say that just yet. Just act surprised when you see it below.

We are still #8 in the world. This week is the opposite of last week. Last week we were chasing no one and we were being chased by the students over around the Netherlands or there 'bouts. This week, our student friends are not to be seen. Better yet, we are chasing down Hardware.no, NVIDIA and EVGA again. WOOT!

Looking closer at our friends at EPFL, it looks like they took the Pi cluster down again. Some or all of the last 4 days so far. Maybe it's down for good, maybe down for maintenance, maybe they are expanding. We don't know but for now we can increase our lead to ensure they have to fight to over take us.

Our friends at Hardware.no were riding high for a while. I don't know if they had a competition, a winfall of computing power or what. Whatever was earning mad points seems to have stopped for the moment. Recently, they had earned over 300 million ppd. (points per day). That's really strong production. They look to be about half that over the last two days.

NVIDIA has also dropped in production. They were earning good points. Then they had a spike in production for a while. That spike not only subsided, they are below what they were earning prior to the spike. Interesting.

EVGA has an interesting graph. They are on a down cycle but it doens't look any different than similar cycles prior. As such, they are not down or out. Just going through a phase.

Hopefully the heat will begin to fade away and we can fire up to full force. Be ready.
In the top 100 in the world, we have:
WhitehawkEQ at #34.
HayesK_ALL at #35.
HayesK_GRC at #65.
torin3 at #77.
dfonda at #84.
Holdolin at #96.

As a team, we are down to 30 active folders. Our average ppd for those 30 active folders is 9.09 million.
Top 14 are earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 5 are earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 4 are earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are earning 30 million ppd or more.
Top 1 is earning 130 million ppd or more. That gets a WOOT!

We have a new billionaire ya 'all. Raymond_Abbott has earned his first 1 BILLION!!! WOOT WOOT! You know that I'm a sucker for "firsts" and earning your first billion is a big deal. Congratulations to you fine sir. Greatly appreciated and well earned.

On note for my folding, I fired up one of my rigs again today after two days with nothing. We have storms coming through my area so we'll see if they only lower the temps or if they take out my power again. If my power goes out again, I have a generator but it will not be used to support F@H. In other words, I hope that my power stays on.

Don, thank you for your vigilance on getting these updates out!

Team, I'm afraid I have to eat my words. Staring down a week of 95*F+ was just too much for the AC (and my wallet) for a hobby. I had to shutdown folding operations, here. Wife acceptance factor dictates the power bill stay less than $500 and my estimates (and evil, evil demand-based billing) said that if I kept it up, I'd be at 900$ this month.

High temps projected in the low 80s next week thankfully, so production should come back online as it cools off.

I hope everyone else is staying cool and not on fire; and I wish the 2nd part of that had to be a joke.

Big congrats to Raymond_Abbott for the first Billion! All downhill from here ;)

I'm sorry to hear about the challenging weather conditions you've been facing, especially the triple-digit heat index and the fires and storms around the world. It's crucial to prioritize safety during such times.

It's exciting to hear about the potential announcement of Raymond_Abbott reaching their first billion, even if it was a bit of a slip! And congratulations to him on that significant achievement.

Regarding your team's performance, it's interesting to see the fluctuations in rankings and production levels among various teams and members. It seems like a dynamic and competitive environment.

Back