• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5W DH Deluxe Vs Evga 680i SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicasoft

Registered
Hi OC People :)
sorry if there is a type-o but english is not my primary lenguage

I plan to upgrade my system. In this moment i have the following Specifications:

Pentium D 945 3.4ghz ( evercool Ice Man cpu-cooler ) (in near future plan to buy a core 2 duo )
mobo: Intel D101GGc
eVGA 7900GT KO (in near future plan to buy evga or bfg 8800gtx )
2x512 Markvision DDR400
Ultra X-Finity 500w (TT toughpower 750w on the way)
2 Maxtors 80GB SATA on RAID-0 on PCI RAID Controller card
1 Western digital SATA2 250gb 16mb cache
And bunch other stuff like fans, neons, dvdrw, hardcano etc....

I have bought the Thermaltake toughpower 750w... and i plan to buy a mobo and Rams this weekend, but i dont know which mobo tu buy.

I have 2 choices that i like: Asus P5W DH Deluxe and eVGA 680i SLI... I was going to buy the eVGA, but after reading some forums im having seconds thoughts.

1) about chipset temperature (some sites said that 50c-80c :eek: ), 2) about raid/sata issues, 3) and the resistor on the back of the board that will be a problem because i have a Evercool Iceman that use a backplate made of metal.

backcaps.jpg

so.... in performance which board is the best? evga or asus p5w dh ?
i really like the evga and i have read some good reviews, but that 3 things got me scare...

is the evga really worth the risk? because i live in Nicaragua, so it will be pretty problem RMA things from here...

is the asus really good as the evga? for all the rest of my PC Specifications ?

i use mostly for gamming my PC :p , also i do OC but little no big vcore things :p and i dont plan to use SLI... just use a single card always... which board is for me??

thanks for the support people :beer:

Last edited:
If you are not going SLI, The p5b overclocks a bit better than the p5w. With the new 0507 BIOS for the P5B Deluxe, it's stable around 525. There is a review that shows the E6300 at 525x7 stable. If you want SLI, the p5w is OK if you get the E6400 or higher. It does 450ish.

You could fab up some plastic standoffs and apply the backplate to those (cutting a hole out of the back of the mobo tray).

check out the 3D-benchmarking fourm for performance.. it can do 444FSB@1T 1:1 (ram dependent)

nice ram+E6400 that would be a decent mobo..

Back