• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B-D Jmicron boot screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

V8Titan

Registered
Does anyone know if there is a way to bypass the jmicron boot screen? It slows up my boot up process with a "press any key to continue" message. Anyone know how to eliminate this?

TIA

The Jmicron boot screen pertains to to using IDE devices correct? That is to say if you want to use the IDE controller on the board you need to keep it enabled?

DeepSky said:
The Jmicron boot screen pertains to to using IDE devices correct? That is to say if you want to use the IDE controller on the board you need to keep it enabled?
That's what I thought too, if you disable it can you still use your DVD drive?

What I have found is exactly what onDboarder stated. The Jmicron controller controls the IDE's. If I disable this in the bios, my DVD drives no longer work. As I said before, the thing that bothers me is the extra 5 seconds that it takes as a result of the "press any key to continue" message that appears during boot up.

you should be able to shorten it by changing the ide detect time out. this will shorten the delay the bios uses foor detecting ide drives it defaults to 35 which is the max. options are 0 ~35 in intervals of 5.

Back