• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which would you use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

68Injunhed

Ok, I am getting another MB, a DFI Ultra-D, and was wondering which sticks would be the best to use with it.

I have a 2gb pair of gSKill PC4000 HZ's, and a pair of 2gb OCZ PC4000 EL XTC plats. I was messing around with the gSKills with clockgen on the board I have now, and managed to get them to 270 at 3-4-4-8 2t before they crashed. I havent tried the OCZs yet, since they are a new pair from RMA, and I don't want to push them hard yet. I realize this Asus board isn't best for memory OC's, so I don't place alot of stock in my results from it.

So, what do you DFI users recommend?

That's a tough call. Both should work fine. I used the G.Skill HZ's in my DFI Expert board and they were great. But OCZ's are known to usually work well with DFI boards. (since they are picky)

I'd really recommend seeing how the OCZ's clock. Whichever does better should be your best choice.

Back