• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stick with MCW6002 or go for Fuzion for new Conroe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voigts

I am about to go from AMD to a new Conroe build here in a couple of weeks, and I am trying to debate whether to stick with my trusty 6002-A and just spend the $15 for a 775 mount, or to sell it and get a Fuzion? I also thought of the apogee GT, and might consider it also, but the Fuzion looks to be of a better quality to me from the pics. The fuzion is the first block to come out that even opens the door of consideration for me to change blocks in the last two years.

What is the concensus?

You might get what $30 for your 6002-A? So the Fuzion would cost you around $30. So you aren't looking at the big of a price difference between buying a new mounting mechanism for you 6002 and buying the Fuzion. If you aren't looking to conserve every possible penny, then why not treat yourself to a new block?

Last edited:
SiGfever said:
Keep the 6002 and buy the FuZion. That way you have all options.

Well that is what I would like to do, but I am on a tight budget right now. These 6002 blocks are hard to come by, and one just sold for $40 shipped in the classifieds. So instead of spending $15 on the mount, another $20 would get me the fuzion (about $73 shipped). I just haven't seen any direct comparisons between the new Fuzion or apogee GT for that matter with the older 6002 to know what the difference in performance is.

I would keep it and make your mounting plate for it. For comparison sake, I think it will probably perform about the same as the fuzion or gt, but remember that cpus are going to go back to single dies in a year or so, so all these tests with the fuzion and gt probably wont be useful then.

im selling my apogee for an apogee GT. why? because i have nothing better to do with my money right now lol. lets just say i had a good financial week. and besides. im so very curious with the new bowed base. im going to compare which one works best with a 3700+ because i haven't seen any tests for single cpu's.

this is true, dual core cpus are on 1 die, where as quads are separate dies. when true quads come out, on 1 die, youll see performance of the GT and Fuzion die down. the 6002 is a great block, hell, the apogee GT's base was first based off the 6002 series. id keep it, and wouldnt sell it for a long time.

The 6002 blocks are actually a hot comotity for liquid chiller use (Ive seen guys shell out nearly 50 bucks for them)

I'd just get the new hold-down myself.
That Swifty is an excellent block, and will be for a long long time.

If you want a change, paint the new hold-down when it comes in.
You don't need to be a sheep and spend big bucks chasing the latest/greatest that only nets a degree or two (if that).

Just for giggles and the sake of change, I'm running an old BeCooling slit edge right now. A custom top/hold-down is on it just for some extra DIY spice.
Temps are great because I've got the cooling horsepower to back it up.

I made a new hold-down for my 6000, and it's next in rotation. :thup:

Well thanks to a post in the cyberdeals section I went ahead and ordered an Apogee Gt this weekend from SVC since it is $10 off and combining shipping on a few other things I had to order saved me about $15. So just the block shipped is only about $53. That is too good of a deal for me to pass up. I may or may not hold onto my 6002. I guess it depends on how broke I get after putting a new Conroe build together.

Back