• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TRX50 blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Railgun

I assume no, but has anyone heard anything about possible VRM blocks and the like for the new crop of TRX50 or WRX90 boards?

EKWB has nothing planned.

As some know, the Asrock and Asus boards have active cooling; I picked up the former. While you can get it quiet, and it’s suggested it should perform well/quietly even with the fans set to their lowest setting, I don’t think that’s sustainable. It would be ideal to get a proper block on them but due to the design, it’s not so straight forward.

I‘d hoped CES showcased some upcoming products, but it seems, disappointingly, it’s that much of a smaller niche this go around.

I‘d hoped CES showcased some upcoming products, but it seems, disappointingly, it’s that much of a smaller niche this go around.
Maybe for TRX. Otherwise there was quite a bit of stuff. It occupies a weird spot, amd hedt, this time around.

I'll keep an eye out, but I wouldnt worry too much about the sustainability of the vrms and the fans. Noise, sure. :)

Keeps us posted on what you find too.

I doubt we will see any blocks that cover VRM. Maybe for one specific motherboard. EKWB had only one TRX40 block, and it was for not really the most popular Gigabyte motherboard. This is a bit weird, as most of what I see/hear are ASUS mobos. These products are usually released with a huge delay, so there is a chance, but I guess in maybe half a year. I only saw CPU blocks so far, but in some news.

I would check temps under load before going full water cooling. I assume that the airflow in the case may change a lot for these motherboards.

I doubt we will see any blocks that cover VRM. Maybe for one specific motherboard. EKWB had only one TRX40 block, and it was for not really the most popular Gigabyte motherboard.

Well, that's not quite true as I'm running theirs for my Zenith II Extreme. They most definitely had several, which is why I was hoping they'd come up with something here as well. Excuse the missing DIMM. Either a bad module or somehow a bad slot has crept up.

IMG_0186.jpeg 🔝

Last edited:
It wasn't listed on their website. I just noticed it was moved to the EOL section.

6+ slot motherboards always had problems with slots. Many users were complaining about missing 1-2 modules on many Extreme series Intel or Threadripper motherboards. There are many reasons, like problems with CPU socket pins, problems with traces, problems with slots, and picky motherboard ( like memory A works in the 1st slot but not 2nd, and memory B works in the second but not first; it's hard to explain that). I had that on many motherboards too.

It’s been rock solid since day one. Then some memory issues popped up on boot. It’s now sporadic with all populated so I just leave it out for now.

Just waiting for the right memory to be available so I can migrate this box over. I kinda want the Aquacomputer Gigant radiator as I’ll need to redo the whole setup anyway, hence asking about a mono block possibility before doing all of the work only to have it pop up a month later and have to do it again.

I had the same with X58, X79, X99, and X299. After 1-2 years, one or two memory slots couldn't see or address RAM properly. The issue is often described on the forums as all memory sticks being visible but not all of their capacity being in use. One time I had CPU socket replaced, one time no description what was fixed, and one time I got a motherboard replacement. I had no problems with the first TR generation, but I heard some others had. I had nothing newer than X299, so I can't confirm that on the latest series, but the same story was for a couple of generations. Sometimes, cleaning the slot and memory pins helps, so it's not always an issue with the motherboard.

It usually takes time from a new motherboard release to a full-cover block release. That's why I said you may wait a couple of months. Smaller brands don't even make full covers or VRM blocks for motherboards. Even larger like Alphacool are not doing that. They still listen to users, and if there are enough of them, then they deliver the solution - they did that with a couple of graphics cards that were not in the plans at first. EK will tell you straight if they have it in the plans or not, so I would ask them. I can't see anything listed at less popular brands like Bykski. I even found a full cover for my Colorful RTX4080, which is probably less popular than your motherboard.

I had the same with X58, X79, X99, and X299. After 1-2 years, one or two memory slots couldn't see or address RAM properly.

I'm pretty sure I'd covered all those gens too. Never had an issue memory wise. In fact, the only actual board issue I ever had that I can remember was the DMA controller going nuts (or components that killed HDDs from being read) on my 440BX board.

EK will tell you straight if they have it in the plans or not, so I would ask them. I can't see anything listed at less popular brands like Bykski. I even found a full cover for my Colorful RTX4080, which is probably less popular than your motherboard.

That's exactly what I did, hence me mentioned they have no plans to. As you'd alluded to, not the end of the world, and more of the nice to have than need to.

My case has 21 fans...kind of flies in the face of WCing to begin with, but still pretty quiet relatively speaking. It should have enough air flow to deal with the VRM blocks adequately. And I don't know how far I'll OC this new setup either.

Back