• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with Mushkin Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowfayre

Registered
I am having problems with my new setup. Please assist if possible.

Problem:
After adjusting my BIOS settings and about 4-5 reboots later, my memory seems to fail. The system will simple no longer boot up. No errors, no beeps, no display. I have since replace the memory twice on the same issue. Is it possible there is a conflict with the memory and my mobo? Should I purchase Consair instead? Thanks

System Configuration:
iWill XP333-R
Mushlin 512MB PC2100 (with Tt+ Heatsinks and ThermaPlates)
WaveSonic Case with 351W PS and 3 Fans
AMD 1600 XP with Tt+ Volcano 6Cu Fan
GeForce DDR 32MB Video Card

Mobo Jumpers:
VIO 2.6
FSB 100

Bios Settings:
FSB +45 (145mhz total)
Clock Multipier 10.5
VCore 1.85 (MAX)
CAS 2.5

I have already taken back one memory dimm that did the same thing. Why I am having this problem? I see others oc'ing 50-60mhz and more ClockMulti than I have. The system temp is normal and the CPU temp is normal. Is it an issue with compatiblity? Should I buy Consair or something else? Please HELP!

Thanksa

well what happens, does it beep , does the monitor show anything? I have mushkin also, and a pretty recent built system. So maybe i can help. You said your mobo jumper was on 100/200 settings, try setting it to the 133/266 settings, i think your Xp chip is a 266, so setting it at 200 can cause problems reulsting in non-boots

As noted in the original email. I not receiving any errors or beeps. Simply sits there. Nothing on the screen. I changed the FSB from100 to 133. did not resolve the issue.

DDR's are notorious for not sitting in correctly. Push them in at the top, bottom, and middle. Then push them in some more and wiggle them a little from side to side. Then push them in again. No, its not the curly shuffle, its what I went through for about an hour to get my memory seated right and haven't had any problems in the last two months, including running Folding@Home nonstop for a week.

Give it a try and good luck.

If your cpu is locked it may not like running at the speed you are trying.
A no boot is one problem trying to run a cpu faster than it wants to will exhibit.

Raising the cpu voltage from the default 1.75 to 1.85 might allow you to get another 5-10 fsb overclock until you can get it unlocked and also test if it is the cpu holding you back.

Last edited:
Back