• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Gskill DDR5 6000 to 6133 1T with fine tuned voltages and timings.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

B15hop

Hello everyone.

Please allow me to preface this with that statement that I am no professional but I try my best.
Please tell me if I made any mistakes.
I feel like I must've made some kind of mistake because I'm pretty shocked by these results..lol

I started this OC by beginning with a guide from here: DDR5 Overclocking Guide: Make it Faster - Overclockers Thanks Dave!
Then I had to tune the voltages, timings and frequency as this alone did not manage to get me stability.

So without further ado..
I recently picked up some Gskill DDR5 6000 ram.
Gskill trident Z5 RGB 64gb (2x32GB) DDR5 PC5 6000 48000 CL 30 Dual channel memory.

Its a 2x32gb (64) GB set running in gear 2.
Voltages are 1.49V on both sticks. They are rated for 1.4V. Might be able to drop that down a little bit though to like 1.47
VDDQ and VDD2 cpu voltages are at 1.4v
VPP is at 1.9V. Everything else is on Auto, including SA.
Managed to get some pretty sweet timings with these.
1T, CL28 among other things.
Check it out, I hope it helps someone. Voltages are on the right,
I decided to make another pass with memtest pro just because I was testing lower voltages but it has already made over a 100% pass before.
If there is anything I could do better, please let me know.

Thank you.

Attachments

• DDR5.png
    DDR5.png
    550.3 KB · Views: 21
Oh here's the Ada score and bios timings.

Attachments

• Ada64.png
    Ada64.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-8275.jpg
    IMG-8275.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG-8276.jpg
    IMG-8276.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG-8277.jpg
    IMG-8277.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
This RAM should run at 6400 with XMP timings (even tighter) and probably also voltages. On Intel, the best is to check the max frequency, then tighten the timings. Either way, it won't change much in the overall performance, so as long as you are happy with the result, then it's fine.
I run the reviewed kit (EXPO version, but it should be about the same) at 6320 30-37-37 1.40V with Ryzen 7600 on my ITX PC. It can make some more, but I needed higher bclk, and ~101.97MHz was the clock that was required for my CPU to run at 5.4GHz ... and it was the limit with the PBO that was passing all stability tests.

Back