• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where'd My Sidebar Thing Go? (XP)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

When you open a window in XP, theres that little sidebar on the left that has "File and Folder Tasks", "Other Places", "Details", etc. For some reason, its disappeared sometimes. If I click on the shortcut buttons on my Logitech keyboard for My Documents, My Pictures, etc, its still there, but if I just open My Computer or My Documents from the desktop, its gone. Whats going on? How do I get it back?

Gah, haven't got XP running right now, but I think it's Tools -> Options and there is an obvious option there somewhere!

1. Open Either Windows Explorer or My Computer
  2. Click Tools in menubar
  3. Click Folder Options
  4. Under tasks, put Radio dot next to "Show Common tasks in Folders"
  5. Hit OK

It should be back now :)

This happened to me once - I was messing around with folder options, and I dissapeared the sidebar. I couldn't figure out wth I messed up. A reboot fixed it, so I probably screwed up something else, since it should have stayed through a reboot ;):beer:.

Back