• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Choice for iWill 333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowfayre

Registered
I recently purchase one of the latest XP333R mobo's from iWill and would like to get some recommendations on the memory.

I have read through several of the post here regarding which is better... KingMax, Crucial, or Consair. What is better CAS 2 or CAS 2.5 so far. But, generally everything has been based on the standard boards that support 300mhz (150FSB).

I want to max out my processor which is a 1600XP AMD, I have a WaveSonic Case with a 351w PS and 3 case fans. I have a Volcano 6Cu Fan on the Processor. At this point I want to have 512mb of RAM (which based on what I see if I get PC2400/2700) I have to get 2 chips. Basically like any OC'er, I want the fastest machine available yet stable :) If you would, tell me what settings you would use on the memory and clock speed as well. That will help. Sorry a bit new to OCing.

Can you tell me, under my configuration which chip you would buy?

Thanks

You will need to unlock your cpu to take advantage of your boards high fsb abilitys.
I feel the kingmax 2700 will prove to be the highest fsb running memory with 5ns memory it is the fastest memory I have seen.

Sorry I can't help with the bios part as I don't own the board so I don't know what settings are available.

You can go here:
http://www.rojakpot.com/Speed_Demonz/BIOS_Guide/BIOS_Guide_Index.htm
and it should help you with the different settings.

Last edited:
Thanks Placid

Great web site! That will help on the BOIS settings... had some issues understanding some of the terms. This page will help solve those issues.

So based on your recommendation, The MHZ (being in the example 333) is better than the CAS. And KingMax memory is a good brand I suppose? Once again, being new to this. I will look it up for a good buy out on pricewatch.com . Thanks again for the reply! Great information.

Imagine, Been in the computer hardware field for nearly 10 years, and I just now getting into OCing. hmmm. :) Back in the days, I just went out and bought memory that was cheap. :)

Well the cas is probably a headroom thing to cut down on returns and complaints.
I have crucial 2100 cas 2.5 with 7.5ns chips and have been running it for several months at cas 2 and 155mhz.

Interesting.... I originally bought a 512mb Mushlin PC2100 memory which is rated for 2.5CAS. When I changed by BOIS from Auto to either Fast or Ultra which I believe controls the CAS on my board (might be wrong here), the memory became nothing more than a piece of plastic.... aka it dead :). This happened twice. I am considering not touching that option again ( but I like speed too) That is why I was looking for something faster.....

Back