• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WANTED: Abit BF6 Manual

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Abit BF6 OWNS
(thats what i run) and love it
need any help with anything related to your BF6, jusy ask and i would be more than happy to help.

Hi...
I own a Abit BF6 motherboard...
till now I had a Celeron 466 Mhz processor... worked also at 525...
now I want to buy a faster... I tryed a Cel 566... and it worked... but... I would like to poke in some model of Coppermine...
PIII at 800 didnt work... :((((
the BF6 recognized it as PIII 600... 6x100
is it possible that Abit BF6 does not work on FSB 133 ???!?!?!?
I also flushed the BIOS...
now I bought a Celeron 850... BUT.. listen to this... the Sandra recognized it as 533-733 model... !??!!? and the CPU temperature is around 50C... thats tooooo hot !!!!
actually he sold me a remarked processor... (of course I will return him that sh#t)...
my question is... is it possible for me to put some coppermine in it, or any other processor whose FSB is 133 ???
that would work... :D

my components:
Matrox G400 16Mb...
Quantum 17Gb HDD,
sound card Yamaha, etc...

sorry for my poor english...
:D

Marsovac said:
Hi...
I own a Abit BF6 motherboard...
till now I had a Celeron 466 Mhz processor... worked also at 525...
now I want to buy a faster... I tryed a Cel 566... and it worked... but... I would like to poke in some model of Coppermine...
PIII at 800 didnt work... :((((
the BF6 recognized it as PIII 600... 6x100
I also flushed the BIOS...
now I bought a Celeron 850... BUT.. listen to this... the Sandra recognized it as 533-733 model... !??!!? and the CPU temperature is around 50C... thats tooooo hot !!!!
actually he sold me a remarked processor... (of course I will return him that sh#t)...
my question is... is it possible for me to put some coppermine in it, or any other processor whose FSB is 133 ???

my components:
Matrox G400 16Mb...
Quantum 17Gb HDD,
sound card Yamaha, etc...

sorry for my poor english...

Which BIOS rev are you running? XU looks like the latest. In UH, support was added for the P3 1000 on 133 FSB. So I'd say yes, that you can drop in a Coppermine. You would probably want to find a good slotket so you could use a socket processor and a good HSF.

And, your English isn't poor. Much better than some around here. And you try to use punctuation, too. :)

Marsovac said:
I tryed a Cel 566... and it worked... but... I would like to poke in some model of Coppermine...

the celeron 566 is a coppermine model (copermine-128)

The BX chipset doesnt have offical support for a 133 FSB CPU, so you will have to set that FSB speed (and OC you AGP card) in SOFTMENU III

Sandra Just doesnt know that 100FSB celerons are kicking around yet. I am sure you do not have a remarked celeron....
If you are still unsure, post your default Vcore, and sspec

Yes 133 FSB chips work on a BX Board(unofficaly)

hi... thanks for the answers... :)

ok. maybe that Cel @850 isn`t a remarked processor... but why is then his working temperature (when idle) around 50C. !??!!?
my old Cely`s (466) temp. was around 30C.
and when I tryed to install the software the temp. went up to 70C. !!!!!!
of course I have warning temperature set in BIOS to 70C.... so I shut down the comp. immediately...
the cooler is also new (some Acorp model), so I don`t think he`s the reason (around 5000 rpm)...
jay dont get me wrong I know how to set the FSB is BIOS... :D
the problem is that then the machine does not want to wake up when the FSB is set to 133. !?!? so thats why I ask this question...

vcore is 1.75
I/O voltage 3.50
2x 128 Mb SDRAM Acorp PC 133 (this memory worked on PIII Coppermine @800... because I thought that maybe is memory bad)
Matrox G400 16Mb
and yes it could be that my FCPGA adapter is not so good... it`s noname...
but once again I would like to mention the fact that the PIII@800 was put in and didnt work as 6x133... but worked as... 6x100 !?!?!!?!?
which gives me the idea that this Abit BF6 actualy does NOT work at FSB 133...

thats about all...
:rolleyes:

your AGP card might not be able to handle the High AGP speeds when at 133 FSB.. but i had a unlocked 333 @ 157 FSB so......

Got the latest BIOS?

Your sure you got that heatsink on right? 50C under no load, ouch, when I use air, under full load i dont even hit 50C .
What heatsink do you have?
(cant hurt to take it off, clean it and reaply)

well you obviously didnt read all my posts
yes I have the latest BIOS from the Abit official we site...
And I have a new heatsink... some Acorp (5000rpm)...

How can you get a temp reading of a CPU that's on a slotket? Was the old Celly a slot or also on slotket? And are you using a themral compund? (Not that pad thing, but the silver ooze.)

questions, questions. :)

the diode is in the CPU.... so aslong as the Slotket lets that singnal goto the motherboar, all is well.

Never heard of Acrop... just because its new, dont rule that out. What kind of paste do you use with it. Plz dont say teh bubble gum that it comes with...
Can you try a PCI video card? when at 133 FSB???

Well the Abit BF6 has a thermal cable... and you can attach it on the processor... in the BIOS I have a PC Health monitor... also in Sisoft Sandra 2001te... there is a page where you can see many things also the current CPU temperature...
it is ACORP and here is a web site...
http://www.acorpusa.com/html/frame_main.htm
well my motherboard did not worked well with PCI graphic card... thats why I bougth Matrox Millenium G400 with 16Mb Ram... (www.matrox.com)
all this is not important any more, cause I returned the CPU to the guy... anyway I will buy a new 850 from a friend... I`ll let you know did I manage to make him work...

also the reason that I returned this CPU is that it was remarked... so this CPU cant be overclocked more then 850... (already is... it is the 533~733 family) ... but this new one is actually 850... and I am going to be able to overclock it... :D
I hope that it would work around 1GHz... :D :D
thanx
see ya

Back