• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Texts coming out of order or not received...help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
As the title describes, I'm having issues with my phone or service... I think the latter. I have an S22+ (stock fully updated) running on Tmobile service. Occasionally, in group texts, I'll get messages out of order. For example, I'll see a response (be it from Apple or Android), and then the text they 'responded' to. I've tried 5G, Wi-Fi, and different messaging apps...still happens. I also have a couple of people who I don't receive ALL texts from. I get angry phone calls asking why I don't respond and have to show them I didn't get anything, lol.

Does anyone else have this problem with their phone or service.......or have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Maybe try a hard reset?

Edit:

I had this once, I think it could be a carrier thing.. but I could be wrong. At least a hard reset would resync you

Maybe try a hard reset?
I haven't done that yet, and will try sooner than later, but it was a problem since I got the phone. I can't tell if it's the phone or service as I switched from S20+/Verizon to S22+/Tmobile.

EDIT: My wife has (we have same phones/service) and that did not help her. She also has problems with texting certain people sometimes... it doesn't send for her.

Weird! Considering I'm just a handful of miles from you and also on tmobile. Granted I don't often use SMS/rcs, but haven't seen it on our pixels here.

Tried 4G instead of 5G?

Does it happen in things text-adjacent like Google chat, signal, etc?

As the title describes, I'm having issues with my phone or service... I think the latter. I have an S22+ (stock fully updated) running on Tmobile service. Occasionally, in group texts, I'll get messages out of order. For example, I'll see a response (be it from Apple or Android), and then the text they 'responded' to. I've tried 5G, Wi-Fi, and different messaging apps...still happens. I also have a couple of people who I don't receive ALL texts from. I get angry phone calls asking why I don't respond and have to show them I didn't get anything, lol.

Does anyone else have this problem with their phone or service.......or have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?
Yea friend on a t-mobile MVNO has this exact issue. I did get a bunch of texts at the same time from AT&T yesterday, maybe coincidence and maybe they all got held up somewhere for a bit idk. Sometimes there's a delay in getting 2FA texts too. But I rarely if ever fully miss a text or get delayed for hours. I had no issues on vzn as well.

Strange, it might be carrier related. I've got T-Mobile as well and over the past two weeks or so, I'll get a text that fails to send, but if I try sending a few minutes later it goes fine.

I know they've been doing a lot of tower maintenance around me, maybe they're doing backend maintenance as well :shrug:

My brother has had this issue with T-mobile. I think that when he called them they blamed it on lack of coverage where he lives.

My brother has had this issue with T-mobile. I think that when he called them they blamed it on lack of coverage where he lives.
I get '5 bars', but who knows if I have good coverage. I'm a suburb of a huge city tho so, I'd guess so?

It might be a thing with the newer Android OS because my pixel 6 has been doing it on and off lately. Ill get a random text from someone that says it was the day before or no text at all. I'm ATT.

Back