• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need new tubes any ideas?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Titanos

Registered
ive had my tubes for maybe a month now and they are stained light green from the Swiftech Hyrdex (UV reactive) coolant and now its not being very UV reactive around the tubing :mad:

the tubing i have now is the ClearFLEX 60 1/2'' ID / 5/8'' OD.

any tubing out there that doesnt stain and that is 1/2'' ID?

is that tygon R33606 clear? that the stuff thats like 3 bucks a foot right?

Titanos said:
is that tygon R33606 clear? that the stuff thats like 3 bucks a foot right?

Yes, the R3603 is clear and about the cheapest you can get it is for is $2.85 a foot.

*Edit* I just noticed that you had 5/8" OD. The price I listed was for the 1/2"ID 3/4"OD. You can get the 5/8"OD for a little under $2.

Thanks im new too so im going to ask for a freinds opinion tomorrow hes been water cooling for about 3 years he setups amazing
freinds computer
Hand fabricated 18 bay case made from dimond plate steel
?Mobo
water cooled Intell Quad core 2.99GHz@ 4.31GHZ 8MB L2
water cooled4GB corsair ddr2 ram
water cooled1.5GB NIvidia sli vidio card
2 7.1 sound cards 14 speakers total
watercooled 4 500GB raid hard drives total of 2 TB (terrabytes)
30" dell moitor 20" hp monitor
lodgitec gaming mouse and keyboard
6 rads 6 pumps and alot of other stuff
i think he knows what hes doing

SuperCross said:
case made from dimond plate steel

Why?

SuperCross said:
water cooled Intell Quad core 2.99GHz@ 4.31GHZ 8MB L2

I'm throwing the bs flag

SuperCross said:
2 7.1 sound cards 14 speakers total

You really dont need 2 sound cards to run 14 speakers. I just have a denon reciever hooked up to my computer running 11 speakers, and 2 subs.

Back to topic, checked froogle, and the web some more and Sidewinder seems to have the best prices for tygon. Petras does have the silver tygon though, if you like that look.

i have know qlue why he has two sound cards he just sticks anything in his computer he takes any parts people give him he also looks at ebay alot. sorry about posting the wrong clock speed its 3.31GHz im and the case he just had the metal lying around

for the ultimate value go masterkleer 7/16" ID 5/8" OD. 40 cents a foot and McMaster shipping is top notch, I live in Canada and I ALWAYS get my orders at my door before my credit card compagny clears the pre-autorization and makes the actual payment to the vendor. As for the tubing it's as flexible as tygon, same bend radius then the R3603, very decent chemical resistence(will not cloud easy), as for size 7/16" will fit very tightly on 1/2" barbs, you might even want to boil the tubing to make it go over the bard but once it's on it will never come off unless you cut it...

Tygon R3603 is nice tubing, but I did not find it to be one bit more stain resistant than Masterkleer at 5x the cost. I have been using 1/2ID 3/4"OD Masterkleer from mcmaster.com now for about a year and have found it be pretty good at resisting staining. Tygon is more pliable and really works better if you have sharp turns to deal with, but I am pleased with and will stick to Masterkleer. DO NOT use 1/16" walled tubing regardless of what size you use. It simply is too thin. The 7/16"ID 5/8"OD (3/32" wall) Masterkleer is fine if you want less bulk than 3/4"OD as long as you don't mind messing with getting it over 1/2" barbs. Many here use it, but personally I just find it to be a hassle to work with.

Keep in mind that the coloring used in dyes is exactly that- dye. And dye will stain any porous tubing over time. Clearflex just happens to be the worst as far as clouding and staining.

Back