• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Those Sneaky Apples

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FeralCom

http://www.overclockers.com/articles1439/

As an ex-employee of Apple, I will say I have seen or heard of a a few stunts pulled by Apple that were quite shocking. Of course I am unable to go into detail but I'm sure at least 2 would put any evils of Microsoft to shame.

Double agents in the MS core? I would be more surprised if there were not and would bet vital organs MS has their own share at Apple. It has been going on forever in spite of both companies rigorous background searches when it comes to key positions.

Apple to blame for Vistas poor response?

Sorry, but no way. Even if it were possible, I would believe that would say less about MS than Apple. In fact, I would be quicker to believe this to be a underground spin created by Microsoft who has proven to me that they need no help producing bloated code.

Apples market gains are skewed and like everyone else in the game, they play the numbers that best favor them. Apple and its followers have been pros at this from the start, but anyone with the slightest amount of common sense could easily see through it.

As for Vistas stall, its probably 80-90% their fault. Higher hardware requirements benefit the hardware OEMs just as much as MS and they were all rubbing their greedy paws with anticipation of launch. However, they went too far and made the upgrade needs even higher than the Win 95 launch. Now the OEMs are unhappy and MS is backing them in a corner by forcing Vista sells.

And I think that is ultimately the downfall of Vista. We already had everything we wanted with XP so they try produce a way to force us to buy what we don't. How well did they really think they were going to be able to force feed us upgrade costs for performance issues and hardware rendered useless due to (conveniently)unavailable drivers? What consumer stood up an demanded bloated security/protection that only protects MS and its partners? PC gaming has been fading for a while so I am sure it was a great idea to force all of the above via DX 10.

The whole industry has gone stupid with greed. AMD shunned its fan base, who were probably responsible for at least half of their sales, to romance the big OEMs (oops). GPU makers began to think it reasonable to take out a second mortgage to buy a video card (oops). For cripes sake, we were recently introduced to a $300 NIC!

Sorry to get off on a rant, but logic tells me that eventually people will stop and say “Maybe I don't need the newest thing out” The more educated ones will add “Especially when it offers little, no or even worse performance”. Blaming it on the competition is right up there with the dog eating your homework.

Linux (mainly Ubuntu it would seem) has also been benefiting from MS's slip up with Vista. I've been seeing the Ubuntu, linuxquestions.org, and Freespire forums lighting up with fresh from Windows, Linux noobs all fed up and looking for something new AND good, free helps too.

The whole industry has gone stupid with greed. AMD shunned its fan base, who were probably responsible for at least half of their sales, to romance the big OEMs (oops). GPU makers began to think it reasonable to take out a second mortgage to buy a video card (oops). For cripes sake, we were recently introduced to a $300 NIC!

I'm with you on half of that. I'm not sure what you mean by AMD shunned its fan base. I'm glad to see Dell selling AMD based systems and it didn't effect me (the DIY builder) at all.

As for the GPU's, yeah I'll say reading what some people say on these forums will make you think you are lesser of a person if you don't buy the best of the best, but $500+?? Ha, I got my new GPU for $260 and it's about 2nd - 3rd fastest on the market (8800GTS 320MB). Why spend hundreds more for 10FPS?? And yeah $300 NIC, my motherboard has two built in gigabit ethernet ports and the whole board cost me $100. If you buy a $300 NIC then I will need to smack you.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks the article was a joke? By that I mean a ha-ha joke, not a poorly-written joke.

v8440 said:
Am I the only one who thinks the article was a joke? By that I mean a ha-ha joke, not a poorly-written joke.

i actually believe this is plausible

because technically it is NOT illegal and it helps one company (apple/mac) and helps ruin another (microshift) (yes i meant microshift)
IMHO

ummm (i could be wrong here) but, didnt bill bail out apple a few years ago by buying a major voting share of their stocks? i dont recall hearing bill ever relinquished that,

which means that apple is just mini ms ... and if you look at thier recent history ... i would beleive that bill is still pulling some strings in the background ... after all ... all the things that made apple such a great platform are slipping away into the past as they become more software priority based and less hardware priority based ... intel anyone??

Last edited:
Back