• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions on anti-spam software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

I need a reccomendation or some anti-spam software. I am looking for something that does a really good job and preferably has an easy to use interface as its for my mom.

any reccomendations would be apprecaited

Anti-spam? As in for email filtering?

Or do you just want anti-spyware as freakdiablo suggests?

Omsion said:
Anti-spam? As in for email filtering?

Or do you just want anti-spyware as freakdiablo suggests?
O sorry, kicked in to pc-repair intern mode, when half the people consider "excessive spam" to be pop ups even when not online. Your probably right.

ah email spam.. meh.. tell her to use 2 email accounts: 1 for family/friends she trusts, and the other for mailing lists, contests, subscriptions, sign-ups etc. etc.

that's what the wife and i do and some family members: comcast for personal, 0 spam, and gmail for all the online b.s.

My mom needs to keep the 2 accounts she already has, as one is for the buisness she runs out of her home, and hence cannot be changed that easily.

I'm quite happy with Kaspersky's spam filtering. I bought the whole Internet Security Suite for $30 CDN OEM. It catches all the spam and quickly learns what is not. My only gripe would be that I cannot set the spam filter to automatically reject/bounce spam, it just dumps it into a folder. Luckily my main email is with my webhost where I CAN set that filter to bounce the spam back to sender, as opposed to moving it a folder.

Back