• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Ultimate re-install need a new serial key.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
WEll, I istalled Vista U easy enough but then I tried to run a dual OS boot config and while I was using partition magic it hosed my Vista U install. I could never boot back into Vista. SoI wiped the drives again and tried to re-installmy "Retail" Vista U 32bit and it won't let me do it because it says the current serial key is not valid. There is no Microshaft phone # for me to call either..anywhere on the box or the OS.

I need some help. Any of you have the Microshaft phone # for Vist U re-installs???

johnz said:
Try this 1-866-740-1256

I get a recorded message saying this: "We are unable to coplete your call, please try again later, Message 52112."

i think there is a 888 number running around. last time i used the number was on the 4th and it was all automated, didnt get a service person.

El<(')>Maxi said:
Killdisk and try again ;)

BaAAAaa-Deeap-thats-all-folks ~ what? :p

*edit This proggy will give me the"option" on boot to choose which OS? Ofcourse others may benifitfrom this info...:)

killdisk.com

Last edited:
El<(')>Maxi said:
Did it work krag?

Donno exactly what youare refering too. I cannot even re-install Vista Ultimate even a one more time because my current key is not valid. How can I make use of this software if I cannot install Vista even one more time???

You run Killdisk in a DOS environment, not Windows. It overwrites all the hidden data on your disk with 1's and 0's. I don't know this for a fact but I think if you did that you could use the original key the installation disk came with. Actually you can install Vista and skip entering the key during the install, you'll have 30 days to get a new product key in that case.

El<(')>Maxi said:
You run Killdisk in a DOS environment, not Windows. It overwrites all the hidden data on your disk with 1's and 0's. I don't know this for a fact but I think if you did that you could use the original key the installation disk came with. Actually you can install Vista and skip entering the key during the install, you'll have 30 days to get a new product key in that case.

Oh? RE-heh-heally? :) I'llgive it a shot before I leave for 5 weeks tomroow.

El<(')>Maxi said:
Where are you off to?

Brazil, South America...:) For work purposes, might even get to fish for Piarranah!

Italidonian said:
I've also read somewhere that you can extend the 30-day trial period. If I find the site I'll post it.

That would be excellent indeed my bro! :santa:

Italidonian said:
I'm afraid thidras is right. This trick would circum navigate teh rulze and ofcoruse Microshaft policy a.k.a. EULA. I want to do this proper and right
I think this is against forum rules to post this, it circumvents the built in feature of you having to have a serial key ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
krag said:
Hep a Vista nub?!
Do you have the computer plugged into the internet? Maybe it is checking the key...you could also try a different drive, it may be pulling a file from the drive.

Back