• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where are the G35 boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kittyhawk

Registered
Intel has drivers for the G35 chipset on their website, but I don't see any G35 motherboards around.

Where are the G35 chipset based motherboards?

I believe they are g33, which is the integrated video version of the p35, and there are quite a few of them

I believe they are g33, which is the integrated video version of the p35, and there are quite a few of them

I doubt so.

The G35 is different from the G33. The G35's integrated graphics is capable of Hardware T&L but not the G33's.

The G31 was announced by Intel to also be available Q3 2007 and I just bought a G31 Mobo. The G31 chipsets were delivered to OEMs in July.

So logically the G35 Chipset Mobos should be around now if not really soon.

These new Intel Chipsets are really great. What a turnaround by Intel. C2D, C2Q and Great G3x chipsets. Sucks to be AMD right now :)

The G31 was announced by Intel to also be available Q3 2007 and I just bought a G31 Mobo. The G31 chipsets were delivered to OEMs in July.

So logically the G35 Chipset Mobos should be around now if not really soon.

These new Intel Chipsets are really great. What a turnaround by Intel. C2D, C2Q and Great G3x chipsets. Sucks to be AMD right now :)

Been that way for a while but not many people have gone AMD anyway because of Intel processors being the better choice.

AMD has some stuff up their sleeves though.

There are some Intel-brand 'Q35' boards on Newegg, they started showing up a few weeks ago and I assume those are the G35s since they have integrated graphics. We should look for oc-friendly ones soon I hope. Or BSEL-pin mod for oc'ing on the Intel boards :)

Back