• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p5k hd problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minhtin

Registered
I know that this board is notorious for having problems with the newer sata 3 drives. I have the older wd version which is 150 i think and i set them up in raid for my system. I can never seem to finish installing vista on them though. I kept getting a blue screen or everything locks up torward the end of the install. Is this related to the mobo not accepting certain hard disk or is this entirely a different problem?

It sounds like the same problem I had. Did you use the latest F6 drivers from Intel? Do you have the Premium? Which BIOS?

Best bet is to get some Seagates, or a new MoBo...or forget about RAID for the moment. I'm currently running AHCI w/ my (2) WD 250GB 16MB SataII HDDs.

I've got a p5k deluxe & have been running 4x80gb matrix raid for months now, no problems. Have heard of some issues with Premium, that 's about all.

luck:)

Yes it's the premium version. I have the default factory bios, can't remember the number right now at work. I have some wd drives. I got this mobo just so i can take my oc a little bit more, but if this is going to be problematic, then i am just going to rma it. Right now my ds3p can do 3.6ghz on my quad stable, if i need to get new drives and mobo just for an extra 200mhz or so, think i'll skip and tell asus to kiss my ***.

Back