• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p5kc takes for ever to boot because it is looknig for IDE devices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pak

I just swapped out my sony dvd-rw for a reg dvd drive becuse my wife wanted the writer. I believe the new drive is a panasonic.

My mobo is taking forever, seems like a full minute to find this dvd drive before it boots into windows. My sony dvd-rw was found almost instantly. It is just annoying cuz it adds to the boot time. Right now I have it unplugged.

I looked around in the bios but could not find an option to speed this up or disable it.

anyone know how to make it either not look for it on boot or disable it in bios?

--pak

Just the one dvd drive. As far as what the jumper on the drive is set to, I have no idea because there is nothing there that indicates what to jump to get CS/master/slave. So I just left it alone. There are 6 pins. 2 rows of 3. The jumpers is across the 2 in the middle.

--pak

The jumper settings may be indicated on the drive label.

use the middle cable connector if the drive is slave

use the end cable connector if the drive is set to master

for most drives: (when viewed from the back)

C S M
: : :

SLAVE

:[:]:

MASTER

: :[:]

Back