• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frickin Cool!! IP35 feature..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

svirfnebli

Off the recommendation from this forum, I went and bought me an IP35 last night (and a G0 Stepping Q6600). I only had time to get the machine put together and power on to test that everything worked .. and it did.

Then I started reading the manual...

The Board has a CMOS reset switch on the rear panel!! How frickin cool is that. I've never seen that on a mobo before!

(Im sure other boards have this, but i've never seen it before - so i'm just blown away)

svirf.

yup, i noticed that too, the ip35-E doesnt have it though :(

i know DFI has had switches right on the mobo near the battery but is a first i have seen it that easily accesible.

The Board has a CMOS reset switch on the rear panel!! How frickin cool is that. I've never seen that on a mobo before!

(Im sure other boards have this, but i've never seen it before - so i'm just blown away)
several other abits have it plus I'm sure some other manufacturer mobos too.

Plus of course the Guru panel GP-02 brought a clearCMOS switch onto the front of your case.

I hate the clear switch on my quad gt. It never works right. Always clears the cmos. I had to shove a peice of paper to hold it in place. Hopefully you have more luck with your switch.

you know if you wanted you could make your own switch that plugs onto the "reset cmos" on the mobo.

^^ true, it wouldnt be very hard really... but i wonder if the ones in the MOBO have some kind of "safety" on them to make sure you dont reset your cmos while the system is on possibly making your board dead?

Perhaps the switch first terminates something else before reseting the cmos..

Yea, personally I find that such easy access to a cmos reset is not worth the risk. But, I guess for some it'll be worth it.

Back