• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cleaning tubing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Godfather1138

I have a large amount of high quality 1/2" ida tubing that was given to me. The catch is it was used on the cleaning vac of an aquarium. It is not bad, but I can tell it has a film in it. Is there any way to clean this and make it usable again? I have at least 10' of it so I'd hate to just toss it if it can be saved.

Thanks

I would just throw it away and get new tubing to avoid any kind of bacteria blooms if you dont get it all out.

So there is not a "good" way to clean them? I'll just toss them if not, but it would sure save me some money if I could get them clean.

I remember one time cleaning tubings with pieces of nylon scrub pads and a wire coat hanger. Tho it came out really clean after some time, it was more trouble than it was worth.

I agree, you'll be better off just buying some new stuff.

So there is not a "good" way to clean them? I'll just toss them if not, but it would sure save me some money if I could get them clean.

There really isnt a convenient and effective way to clean them. And you dont want to risk any kind of algae or bacteria left in the tubes.

I usually throw my aquarium pump hoses in a dark closet filled with water/bleach. Just make sure it doesnt get any sunlight. Leave it there for a few days at least.

Back