• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better fittings for PA120.3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drew@PSU

Hey all,
Since I already screwed up the thread on one of the plastic fittings Thermochill sent me, I might as well go whole-hog and grab some metal ones that are "high-flow" for the beast. Is there such a thing? I haven't been able to find any with G3/8 threads, at least at the usual suspects. I suspect McMaster-Carr might have them, although I have no idea how to find something I need there, only things I have no use for but would still buy anyway. :D

So does anyone know where I can grab some better PA120.3 fittings?

Not sure if Mcmaster sells any G3/8 threads since their's are UNF threads.

I'll keep diggin here :D

edit; here is what I found.

G3/8 threads are BSPP, they have BSPT Barbed X Male for 1/2" Tube ID, 3/8" BSPT barbs though (part # 2940K26). BSPP is the British Standard Pipe Parallel. BSPT is the British Standard Pipe Tapered.

Now this may or nay not work.

Last edited:
Thanks all...
Diggr: Yeah, I looked at those, but being ultra-paranoid and REALLY wanting to finish the project, I didn't add those, I'll give them a call

meionm: Good looking out, didn't check petras, guess I should have

Wondering Soul: Thanks for the info, I didn't know what they meant, and nice find in the mass of stuff that is McMaster :)

Wow, there is an older thread about this.
The Aquaextreme from Petra's are never going to be in stock again. He is looking into getting some machined locally.

The best option so far is to buy DD or EK G1/4 x 1/2" hi-flow barbs & purchase these o-ringed reducing bushings from Mcmaster-Carr.

Check out this post for what I mean- Pic of reducer bushing w/ o-ring

Hmmm...never? that's totally uncool....well, thanks for pointing me at those reducers

Or just order a pair of G3/8" fittings from ThermoChill.com - you'll be emailed by sales once order is received regarding final shipping price for confirmation before being charged... the price you see for shipping WON'T be the price you pay... it'll be lower... s'just our couriers don't have a tariff covering such low weight items so we have to get a custom quote per order.

G3/8 rad to G1/4 barb

Eheim 1250 Inline Pump Intake Adapter @ sharkacomputers ("This adapter fitting is to be used on the intake side of an Eheim 1250 pump. This brass adapter is G3/8 to screw into the front end of the pump and allow a G1/4 fitting to be used with the pump") should work, personally I would rather use the G3/8 barbs from thermochill. http://www.sharkacomputers.com/eh12ad.html

Last edited:
Back