• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox clippy sounding audio on twitch streams

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

I'm posting a solution to something i found online, should some one else have the same problem and wasnt able to find the solution like i was.

I use firefox nightly and on version 115.0a1 (2023-05-29) (64bit) on Win11 pro and no matter what stream I was watching the audio was all clippy.
Nothing i did for a while fixed it, restarting, force stopping, clearing cache, nothing out of the usual seemed to change any thing so i had a random thought to check my audio settings and thats where i found the solution.
For what ever reason changing my output format to highest available fixed the issue, for some reason.
Yours might not fix at the highest so if it doesnt work there start working your way down and see if it fixes it. some times you need to restart the browser, changing the format while audio is playing some times causes it to stop until restarted
soundset.png

I dont get why this was the case, same stream on other browsers was fine, no other audio issues on this system either.

Just sharing, maybe the elgoog will pick this up when people search clippy twitch audio while watching firefox streams

What is FF nightly? I use FF, but luckily do not have this issue.

What audio codec is on your motherboard/are you using? That detail could be helpful/relevant.

its a very iterative build that updates nightly, i think its the first to get feature updates but also the first to get bugs

and i'm not sure, what ever a asrock b650e taichi uses however it was something that cropped up after one of the major updates and progressively got worse

and i'm not sure, what ever a asrock b650e taichi uses however it was something that cropped up after one of the major updates and progressively got worse
Flagship 4082 with ESS DAC.... I have the same thing.

Major updates from....that browser or windows?

It's odd turning it to the highest setting ears things up....

Back