• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win11 "Local Security Authorization is off" Warning: A bug

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TerranBrackiatt

apparently, the march security update for Win11 causes the warning message. looking i the Device Security Settings, it says the TPM can't be found. the warning message is a bug. details are in the article. A hotfix is supposedly on the way.
For some reason today 4 April 2023 is the first i've gotten this message, even though i didn't DL any Win11 patch for a few weeks. So i've just become aware of this and thought i'd share. to Quote the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: "DON'T PANIC!"

For some reason today 4 April 2023 is the first i've gotten this message, even though i didn't DL any Win11 patch for a few weeks.
responding to this part in a seperate post, so as to not distract from the main message of the warning.

It seems like updates in general are different now than they used to be:
Before, if there was an update, i'd simply get a notification, but everything continued working just fine.
Now, it seems as though the program / app stops working because it out of sync with the current version
~today is the first i've noticed this error, when the 4 April 2023 security update became available. (2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5025305)) The error persists even after the patch.
~example: ICUE seems to crash regularly (every few hours) whenever there is a an available update. It crashes so hard it practically bricks my machine, making it very slow and unresposive. so much so that it won't even shutdown through the windows shutdown button. Once i update it, everything works just fine.

I noticed this behavior on mobile apps a long time ago, which is one reason i despise tablets and smartphones (as PC substitutes.) because the apps would stop working because they were not updated to the current code. Now, it seems that PC programs are going backwards in this feature. ugh. /endrant

Last edited:
Back