• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on watercooling in a Stacker 830

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Komrade

Registered
hey everyone just trying to think of some water cooling set up for my system.
currently have a Q6600 quadcore with one eVGA 8800 ultra superclocked video card, but im planing on getting a second one and runnign SLI but all that gets noisy so i wanna come up with a water cooling set up that wont be too loud but will be able to cool everything better then it is now.

i was thinking about a 120.4 radiator with MPC 665 pump, not sure on the fans yet (need suggestions) then have a single 5.25 bay reservoir and have a cpu and 2 gpu water blocks in the loop, i dunno if a quad radiator will cool all that well and whether that will be enough pressure.

heres a picture of how i wanna set it up:

the pump will be attached to where you usually put in 5.25 bay stuff, then getting a 5.25 bay reservoir, cuttign out a huge hole for the quad rad (according to dimentions it will fit but if anyone has any more experience id love to hear about it. This will be my first water set up.

Well, the radiator will certainly do the trick, and the pump should be fine as well, and with that amount of surface area, any 4 decent 120mm fans will be sufficient. The best way to see if it will fit is to get the dimensions of the gear you plan to use and mock up the setup. My guess is that will be rather crowded in there.

Back