• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about fan orientation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

winston856

My radiator is a MCR-220 from swiftech, it's mounted on the back of my case with the radbox with the fans on the back pushing through it.

In this position dust gathers between the fans and the rad on the backside and is impossible to clean without taking it all apart or compressed air.

My solution to this was the next time I re-do my loop I was going to switch the fans around so they suck through the rad towards my case and the dust gathers on the front side of the radiator so I can just wipe it off much easier.

The possible negative effect of this is my ambient temps will rise because the air is now getting pushed into my case. However it would be much easier to clean and I could deal with a degree or two increase for better cleaning.

So, what are the opinions of my fellow watercoolers ? Should I make it easier to clean at the risk of higher temps, or just blow it out with compressed air every 3 months or so?

Back